The view through older Glass

farnz

Another old glass from England

Dallmeyer Dallac 85mm f2 + M9

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting lens Jeff - do you mind, to show a picture or two of the naked lens?

It clearly is one of my dream lenses ;-)

Here is a photo of this lens ~~~~

• Like 9

To mount cine lenses on M mount or screw mount (or R; I'm having the new M in mind), must they always be rebuilt or are there adapters? Also, is there any source for info on whether a particular lens will cover the full 24x36 frame? I'm unable to find info about this.

Interestingly, on the weekend we had a forum London meet-up and wander through Clerkenwell to welcome back a forum member after a serious illness, and one of the members was using a bright, shiny, silver chrome 5cm f/1.1 Zunow lens.:) It's the first one I've seen in the flesh and it looked like new.

Pete.

• Like 1

Interestingly, on the weekend we had a forum London meet-up and wander through Clerkenwell to welcome back a forum member after a serious illness, and one of the members was using a bright, shiny, silver chrome 5cm f/1.1 Zunow lens.:) It's the first one I've seen in the flesh and it looked like new.

Pete.

Great stuff! I like this lens so much that I collected 2 of them @@ This is one of the lens that always give you surprises. Don't let it go by you if it comes in sight.

To mount cine lenses on M mount or screw mount (or R; I'm having the new M in mind), must they always be rebuilt or are there adapters? Also, is there any source for info on whether a particular lens will cover the full 24x36 frame? I'm unable to find info about this.

Information on this area is limited most of the cine lenses require modification. I'm lucky that I know few masters which can help me to check n modify them into M mount. But all these masters r in Asia. There aren't too many adaptors to fit M mount. So Some special lenses might require master to check if it can be modify to M or S2 body however many cine lens can only able to put on Nex format. I had listed some lenses that I'm sure can be modified to M mount http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-lenses/251562-what-other-lenses-do-you-use.html perhaps you can check it out.

• Like 1

Information on this area is limited most of the cine lenses require modification. I'm lucky that I know few masters which can help me to check n modify them into M mount. But all these masters r in Asia. There aren't too many adaptors to fit M mount. So Some special lenses might require master to check if it can be modify to M or S2 body however many cine lens can only able to put on Nex format. I had listed some lenses that I'm sure can be modified to M mount http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-lenses/251562-what-other-lenses-do-you-use.html perhaps you can check it out.

Brilliant list, thanks!

Just took some shots with 1980's Lomo cine lenses on my M8, they are huge and do block the viewfinder. The camera becomes a tricky P&S ...but some interesting bokeh ! Will post soon.

One question about the lenses of your list, would you know which are not blocking the viewfinder on a M body?!

Edited by jmanivelle

Brilliant list, thanks!

Just took some shots with 1980's Lomo cine lenses on my M8, they are huge and do block the viewfinder. The camera becomes a tricky P&S ...but some interesting bokeh ! Will post soon.

One question about the lenses of your list, would you know which are not blocking the viewfinder on a M body?!

Most of these lenses on the list won't block the viewfinder. Perhaps one or two might like the M 50/0.95. So it's acceptable.

this is the view through a Vintage Zeiss Steritar beam splitter via a Voiglander 28mm Ultron and an M9-P.... results are pretty bad but first try- If you cross your eyes in the right way a third 3 dimensional image will appear in the middle- some can do it easy others never get it- I have added a black line on a few to make the optical gymnastics easier:

• Like 7

Second go with Steritar Beam splitter- this time fitted to a Visfoflex- with bellows- and 90 Elmarit lens head... Better results achieved by going macro...

I found if you stare at this image going cross eyed- so that you see three images in a row- concentrate on the middle image- allow it to fully 'appear' and move your head closer to the screen- focus should snap sharpy into place around 12 inches from the screen. If you tilt your head a little from side to side it helps- just a little...

it's worth it I hope:

• Like 3