Anyone have any sample pictures taken with the Leica 135mm APO

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Question

Does anyone have any sample pictures taken with the Leica SL plus Leica 135mm APO.........whats it like to nail focus, is it smaller than the Noctilux and is it okay for head jobs ?????

I actually haven't tried it on the SL.  But it's a great lens; very narrow field of focus / steep falloff, even at f3.4.

The 70 or 90mm APO M lenses are as good and faster.

The 90-280mm zoom is probably better still, but much bulgier, as you know.

It is longer but much lighter than the Nocti. (smaller ?)  Try the wiki of this forum, you find all the details there including weight and exact size. and a foto of it.

In flickr you find quite a lot of examples. And resolution is much better than here.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1576451@N20/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kwokmantai/23191910172/in/pool-1576451@N20/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dirkr1977/15223540535/in/pool-1576451@N20/

Edited by steppenw0lf

Question

Does anyone have any sample pictures taken with the Leica SL plus Leica 135mm APO.........whats it like to nail focus, is it smaller than the Noctilux and is it okay for head jobs ?????

I actually haven't tried it on the SL.  But it's a great lens; very narrow field of focus / steep falloff, even at f3.4.

The 70 or 90mm APO M lenses are as good and faster.

The 90-280mm zoom is probably better still, but much bulgier, as you know.

NEIL ... I use the 90-280-SL it's a great lens, at 90 is far better than the 24-90-SL at 90 as stated many times before by others. But here is a good news too -- I shoot with the summarit-M 90 /2.4 ASPH ... a very nice lens because it's small, light, relatively inexpensive and makes very nice portraits.

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

NEIL ... I use the 90-280-SL it's a great lens, at 90 is far better than the 24-90-SL at 90 as stated many times before by others. But here is a good news too -- I shoot with the summarit-M 90 /2.4 ASPH ... a very nice lens because it's small, light, relatively inexpensive and makes very nice portraits.

Walking around with the 90/280mm would be like walking around with a bonner 24/7.......fun at the start but a pain in the a$$ at the end of the day............... I originally had a 90mm APO but that went with the rest of the M lenses when I traded them for the S.................might get another one of those puppies

• Like 2

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

It is longer but much lighter than the Nocti. (smaller ?)  Try the wiki of this forum, you find all the details there including weight and exact size. and a foto of it.

In flickr you find quite a lot of examples. And resolution is much better than here.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1576451@N20/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kwokmantai/23191910172/in/pool-1576451@N20/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dirkr1977/15223540535/in/pool-1576451@N20/

Cheers steve

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Question

Neil,

the 135mm Apo is much easier to focus on the SL than on the M.

It is super sharp from 1.5m until infinity. I think it is a tick sharper than the SL 90-280 is at 135mm.

Bokeh is ok. I prefer the rendering of the 75 and 90 Apo.

Cheers, Eric

• Like 1

Question

Head job with M240:-

12361505415_5b480e310f_o.jpg

Other examples (a variety of subjects)

Hmm, I see I have not used it for a year - really must put my MF film cameras down for a while!   :)

• Like 2

Walking around with the 90/280mm would be like walking around with a bonner 24/7.......fun at the start but a pain in the a$$ at the end of the day............... I originally had a 90mm APO but that went with the rest of the M lenses when I traded them for the S.................might get another one of those puppies

Agree about walking.

When I shoot with 90-280 it's either at 280 or at 90.

For walking around a lot I would never carry the long stick, would put a small M-90 on the SL.

Didn't want to spend as much on 90APO so went 90/2.4 ASPH, not bad at all.

• Like 1

A quick photo for size comparison.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

apo telyt at f8 in studio

Edited by orc999

apo telyt at f3.4 in the field.

both show great details, probably not easy to see them in those compressed files.

• Like 1

Here is one example from a cruise ship in Stockholm of another cruise ship, obviously on a tripod. 1/25 sec at F5.6, ISO 400. Of course this is a jpg file to get it under the 1000kb limit per post. Capture time 22:12:31

Here is one example from a cruise ship in Stockholm of another cruise ship, obviously on a tripod. 1/25 sec at F5.6, ISO 400. Of course this is a jpg file to get it under the 1000kb limit per post. Capture time 22:12:31.

I like the Apo-Telyt-M 1:3.4/135  very much.