My Q's red dot Leica logo installed with a bit of "flare"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Voxen. I am thinking of doing the same. Is there anything behind the logo button like a space or adjustment screws like on the M cameras? If there is anything, I'll probably leave it alone otherwise. But it would be good to know that its easy if all I'm doing is replacing one small button in a dent on the camera's outer shell. Thanks, Mike  

I don't remember if there is a screw behind the logo, I'd say no.

Replacing the logo is really easy though.

Because of this thread I just noticed mine is tilted, too.  Now that I know about it we'll see if it bothers me.  Otherwise, it is elegantly beautiful in its simplicity (black).

When Barbara surprised me with my Q as a gift she was fearful that it would not arrive in time, but one day before it would have been too late, she got the call form the dealer -- They are a bit in short supply, so had I noticed it and returned it who knows how long I'd have to had waited for a replacement?

Now everyone who hadn't noticed that the red dot on their Q was ever so slightly askew is now obsessing with the proper technique for rejiggering the little bugger into perfect alignment. 

Could there be a high correlation between OCD and Leica ownership?

Incidentally, mine is perfectly aligned...although I bought it used. Not that i felt compelled to immediately check it after reading this thread...

(I wonder if the original owner used a hairdryer and Q-tips?)

Edited by wdomeika
  • Like 1

Not a bit deal, but for a new $4,500 camera, I'd think the marquee Leica red dot logo would have been placed on my Q Titanium with a bit more accuracy.  On my camera, which I just purchased, the red dot is clearly not oriented so that the Leica script is level. Instead, as the attached photo shows, mine looks not quite correct.  I can live with it, but it looks a bit slanted upward.  I've e-mailed Leica Repair for their comment. Maybe they'll tell me how to remove and reinstall the red dot without damaging the camera front.

Any suggestions?  Live with it?  Try to fix it?  Ad a black dot instead?

Mine too, funnily enough on a Titanium as well.   Perhaps the same person was on 'dot duty' that day.

I had an M240 that had the same problem. I replaced the red dot with a black one...didn't use a hair dryer but instead found that if I just patiently twisted the Logo back and forth with my fingernails after about 20 minutes it became loose enough to lift off, adjust, or whatever I wanted to do with it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Out of level too :rolleyes:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I'm joking.
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...