My Good Friend Anna

mikozia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Mistake -

​This is basically rather nice, but I suspect it would be stronger with Anna moved off center.  Consider cropping some from one side or the other, but probably better with some cropped from the left.

• Like 1

I wonder which you mean as your "Good Friend".......Anna or the Leica shop behind her.

Neither one is focused correctly; and, as Stuart pointed out, the composition needs some adjustments! 

Edited by pop
Removed ad personam comments.
  • Like 2

I think part of the problem is that the camera being used is a very basic point and shoot Panasonic DMC-TS1. It probably doesn't have a manual focus option and may not even have a focus lock to enable recomposing so as to not have the subject dead center.

Edited by pop
Removed ad personam comments

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please do not discuss members; rather, discuss the photographs shown by the members. Offering and accepting feedback about images has been discussed elsewhere.

Are we allowed to say a photo is nor sharp without being attacked or insulted? .... Isn't this discussion about an image? ...

Should we use this "Photography" site to talk about our private life, our family members, stc... ? Does that have anything to do with photography?

These are the points I was trying to make with the post you removed!... I was exactly doing what you are suggesting!...

• Like 1

Please do not discuss members; rather, discuss the photographs shown by the members. Offering and accepting feedback about images has been discussed elsewhere.

Okay, but why remove the entire post? I can understand editing out my comments about the person who posted the image, but I think my comment about the type of camera used and it's limitations was entirely appropriate.

• Like 2

Okay, but why remove the entire post? I can understand editing out my comments about the person who posted the image, but I think my comment about the type of camera used and it's limitations was entirely appropriate.

Sorry about that. Cutting out parts of posts does not usually improve posts. In you case, I can assert that according to the manual, the camera allows you to lock the focus so it's possible to focus and recompose.

(snip)

I'm also curious if we are relaxing the "Leica only" rule and including the entire Panasonic line. If not, then the entire original post should be removed, along with several others by the same person.

Edited by pop
Ad personam remark removed
  • Like 1

(snip)

I'm also curious if we are relaxing the "Leica only" rule and including the entire Panasonic line. If not, then the entire original post should be removed, along with several others by the same person.

I wonder what prompted this remark. It appears that you are under the impression that the photograph in the first post of this thread was made with a camera which was not allowed by our forum rules.

(snip)

Brent, This site is really going downward!... I am leaving these forums that became a kind of circus!... We can't talk about a photo or photography without being insulted; and, when we try to prove it, we are removed!... I am done!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

I find it quite strange that I've posted numerous photos and received very little in the way of feedback (on the pictures not my grammar) but the OP seems to have every photo she posts ripped apart.

www.robertpoolephotography.com

Comments about photos have declined markedly since the early days of this forum. We went through a long period when spirited discussions about images were the rule rather than the exception. Now, it seems that good photos just get a glance, maybe a "thanks." Really exceptional images draw comments, as do sub-standard ones. I'm not sure what the reason is for this, but it could be that today many people have multiple social media outlets and just can't take the time to post comments in all of them.

Incidentally, I hope you understood that I was completely joking with you when I commented about your sentence structure. Apparently our mod didn't because my lighthearted remark was summarily removed.

Edited by fotografr

I find it quite strange that I've posted numerous photos and received very little in the way of feedback (on the pictures not my grammar) but the OP seems to have every photo she posts ripped apart.

www.robertpoolephotography.com

Not really know if that is true Robert. But lets just stop this now and focus on the picture not the photograper.

By the way I took a quick look at you homepage and was really impressed about your work !

*Peace

• Like 1