Ektachrome is coming back!

Keith (M)

Plus: KODAK EKTACHROME Super 8 Film to support the adoption of its recently introduced KODAK Super 8 movie camera. 

The way I read it the push is for the Super 8 and their new camera with top names lining up to support it:

Spielberg, Tarantino are fairly well known:

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/01/spielberg-tarantino-nolan-and-more-are-supporting-kodaks-super-8-filmmaking-initiative-40897/

Note this was 2016, maybe we should have asked at the time what people were going to shoot in it?

That they may as well run some 35mm off, note one length only, as well, seems the answer despite the still photo press going "wild".

Maybe they will give the first roll to Steve McCurry  ;)  then let's see how well his team can photoshop it.

Edited by chris_livsey
  • Like 1

I can't tell you how happy I am about this. I used to shoot tons of Ektachrome until they discontinued it and had to switch to Ektar print film, which is just not the same. Recently I've been learning to like to Fuji Provia but it's also just not the same. I am disappointed it's only being released in 135 and not 120 as well though.

• Like 2

I can't tell you how happy I am about this. I used to shoot tons of Ektachrome until they discontinued it and had to switch to Ektar print film, which is just not the same. Recently I've been learning to like to Fuji Provia but it's also just not the same. I am disappointed it's only being released in 135 and not 120 as well though.

I'm hopeful that 120 will be made available later if the 35mm proves successful.

• Like 2

"Resurgence in the popularity of analog photography has created demand for new and old film products alike. Sales of professional photographic films have been steadily rising over the last few years, with professionals and enthusiasts rediscovering the artistic control offered by manual processes and the creative satisfaction of a physical end product."

• Like 2

Great news, but the problem for some of us, including myself, will be (a) finding good E6 processing and ( B) at a price that's not akin to highway robbery.

there are home kits you can use and in the I Like Film thread ChrisM has demonstrated brilliant results with it...

• Like 3

I have always loved the simplicity of transparency film and used it whenever I travelled (preferably Kodachrome 64, or Ektachrome where there was less light).

No printing, no PP,  no colour correction required in most situations).

Just mount them and project them onto a white wall (with my Leica slide projector and lens of course).

Easy  :)

• Like 1