Size of 1 Point AF metering area now selectable (Small / Standard / Large)

You need the actual firmware.

Press the delete button and then you can change the size with the thumbwheel.

Hans

Yes. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest firmware. It's version 2.0

Then the instructions from QKnipser will work.

This is an example of problems when not everyone has installed the firmware updates . The manual may not reflect the operation of the modified system, and if you haven't been reading forum posts between three and six months ago, you may not be aware of the firmware updates.

Good luck

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

Yes. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest firmware. It's version 2.0

Then the instructions from QKnipser will work.

This is an example of problems when not everyone has installed the firmware updates . The manual may not reflect the operation of the modified system, and if you haven't been reading forum posts between three and six months ago, you may not be aware of the firmware updates.

Good luck

Thank you - I installed the firmware version 2.0. immediately after it was published; DELETE Button - press - thank you very much - problem solved. It is really  strange to me that this function is hidden in the delete-button not in menu. Greetings and happy new year from Vienna.  

• Like 1

Thank you - I installed the firmware version 2.0. immediately after it was published; DELETE Button - press - thank you very much - problem solved. It is really  strange to me that this function is hidden in the delete-button not in menu. Greetings and happy new year from Vienna.  

I went to v2.0 and then wondered how you could vary the magnification. Would not have dreamt of going to 'delete' button. Thanks…

• Like 1

The nice thing about not having this function in the menus, is it's much faster this way and can be changed quickly while shooting, something I do all the time.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, QKnipser said:

You need the actual firmware.

Press the delete button and then you can change the size with the thumbwheel.

Hans

Were these instructions for the Leica Q or the Q2 (To the best of my knowledge, the current Firmware for the Q2 is 1.1 vs 2.0 for the Q). So, for me, having a Q2 and pressing “delete” gives me entirely different results.

Secondly, how do you find the 1 Point AF on the Q2?

Thanks

Edited by wolfbird