Protective Travel Case for Leica Q

I use the Peak Design 5L bag - https://www.peakdesign.com/everyday-sling-5. It provides another section so the Leica can be paired with another small camera or usually I have other accessories in there. I also have a Peak Design 13" Messenger for when I carry my Olympus gear.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:31 PM, Pwillettsjr said:

?The Billingham 72 is an excellent fit for my Leica Q. High quality, very attractive.

Thanks, I checked this out.  My question is, given its narrow width, have you noticed any paint from the Q top plate rubbing off due to the constant rubbing involved with the insertion and removal action?  Really almost all Billingham bags are narrow at 3.5 inches.

Edited by falcon468

Ever in search of the perfect bag.  It has to do a few things for me and it's been a tough nut to crack, and now add-in the need to keep a Q and some accessories stashed.

-- It needs to be big enough to use as my under-seat carry-on, so to carry the camera safely but accessibly, along with accessories, Kindle, iPad, small battery charger pack, maybe a sweatshirt or packable raincoat and some snacks.

-- It needs to be small enough to double as a fairly light and comfortable daypack, for walking around urban areas.

-- It needs to be a sling/cross-body.  I don't like full backpacks for daypacks, and I'm not a messenger-bag or traditional camera-bag fan. And don't want it to be too large... just large enough.

Right now I'm looking at the Peak Design 5L (which looks a little on the small side) and 10L (which looks a little on the large side-- I wish there were one in the middle), and one of the incase slings.  The wotancraft rider looks pretty good too but a bit on the pricey side.

I'll keep the Q in a Matador base layer sack inside the bag when traveling I think, which I just ordered. Walking around the Q will likely be on my shoulder. When wandering if I need to keep it in the bag for some reason (eating, whatever), then not in a case or Matador -- I have a half-case on it, lens filter, the hood, and a LCD protector on order.... I think that covers most of the bases as far as being banged around or scratched when in the bag but not inside the Matador. 

I picked up the optech shortie neoprene but it's a difficult fit with the hood and a half-case so likely won't use it.

If anyone sees flaws in that logic let me know what you think!

Edited by jon m

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Leica Q 1/2 case + M neoprene case + Domke protective Wrap.  The camera thus wrapped goes into the middle area of my carry on pack

as per stuny. This has done the trick for some time now. Once at destination off comes the Domke and the neoprene case. Exercise shutter release

frequently........ 

A good place to look that I have little involvement with yet like their handmade merchandise is etsy.com. They have most Artisan & Artist and a lot of lesser known products at reasonable (most of the time) prices. In hindsight, I wish I'd checked there on cases and half cases...etc. before making a purchase on better advertised products.