Meeting in Wetzlar 2018

AlanJW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The dates of the meeting in Wetzlar are now set with Leica AG welcoming such a meeting.   Thursday October 4, 2018 to Sunday October 7 with most meetings concentrated Thurs- Fri.    More details will follow.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alan - I am the current Hon. Gen. Sec. of the Leica Society here in UK - but with international (and indeed US) members too as you perhaps know. We are wondering whether there is availability and acceptance of any of our members joining in on this Wetzlar trip in October 2018. I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this.  William Fagan - both a TLS and LHSA member will be attending the LHSA AGM in Chicago this October and will try to ask about this issue as well.......... Tony

Will there be a partner program?

Yes, members of Leica Society or Leica Historica may register and attend the meeting.  It will be the grand finale of our 50th anniversary year and while we have members worldwide, we also welcome members from other recognized societies.   We're still in the midst of planning for our Chicago meeting this October, but as soon as we finalized the 2018 dates with Leica AG, we wanted people to know as many want to plan far in advance.

We will distribute more information in the coming months, including registration fees, hotel arrangements and hopefully a rough outline of events.  

Yes there will be programming for spouses. Sorry. Based on the prior post, I misinterpreted your question. There's plenty of free time too, of course. And many will either come early or stay later and do some touring on their own.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Preparations for this meeting are progressing and we are happy that Leica AG has given us strong support and will provide meeting space at Leica for programs, and we also expect to have a session with Leica executives.  We are sure Stefan Daniel will attend and Mattias Harsch has been invited too, as well as Peter Karbe and others.   This meeting will have limited availability as we want to be able to manage it.  There will be a deposit required early next year so we can assess attendance and make proper arrangements. The deposit will apply to the registration fee.  It will be available for LHSA members, and their spouses, as well as UK Leica Society and Leica Historica members and spouses.  Stay tuned for more information. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

...By 2018 the Leica hotel may be complete. ...

Though the new hotel at the Leitz Park is announced as a place to stay for the LHSA meeting in October, you can't book it yet.

I tried yesterday over the Wetzlar hotel's homepage - and got a reservation for the time of the meeting. Though only when I got the confirming mail I found out that I had booked the Arcona hotel in Stralsund - on the Baltic cost, about 500km from Wetzlar...

It seems that the earliest time to book the new hotel at Wetzlar will be in May this year. 

• Like 5

Though the new hotel at the Leitz Park is announced as a place to stay for the LHSA meeting in October, you can't book it yet.

I tried yesterday over the Wetzlar hotel's homepage - and got a reservation for the time of the meeting. Though only when I got the confirming mail I found out that I had booked the Arcona hotel in Stralsund - on the Baltic cost, about 500km from Wetzlar...

It seems that the earliest time to book the new hotel at Wetzlar will be in May this year. 

Thank you.  There will be a link posted soon to book at special rates at the arcona Wetzlar.   Please be patient. 

• Like 1

I also want to send a reminder that registration for this meeting will be limited and requires a (refundable) deposit.  This is to allow us to know how many will be attending in order to arrange for such things as shuttle buses between downtown Wetzlar and Leitz Park.   Most of the meetings will be at Leica or the Leitz hotel.  Please go to the LHSA site and sign up if you want to guarantee a spot. 

https://lhsa.org/upcoming-events/#!event/2018/10/4/2018-wetzlar-annual-meeting-deposit

• 3 weeks later...

As a new LHSA Member (and new to the Leica community in general), I'm curious: what's the nature of the LHSA meeting, and this upcoming meeting in general?  Specifically, what's the geneal itinerary, is this coupled with workshops, photo walks, or more lectures and meetings?

As a new LHSA Member (and new to the Leica community in general), I'm curious: what's the nature of the LHSA meeting, and this upcoming meeting in general?  Specifically, what's the geneal itinerary, is this coupled with workshops, photo walks, or more lectures and meetings?

Welcome!

A tentative agenda is in the works and I will pm you by the end of the weekend as I am not sure it can be posted.

I expect that information on hotel reservations will be out this week.   From what I have heard from the LHSA administrator, the hotels do not have the capability of booking on line at the special rates for LHSA.   They will require email or telephone contact. 

• 2 weeks later...