Update version 1.6 and Leica TL app. no longer pair

jevidon

• 2 months later...

I hadn’t tried the new TL app until I read this thread. So I had a go at connecting the app to the camera and failed just as some of you have. One thing I always do when the iPhone doesn’t work as expected is restart it. This I did and, hey presto, it connected and I was able to take photos remotely.

I use the direct connection method but one of the steps I find it easy to forget is Daedalus2000’s step number three: “I go to iPhone, Settings and choose the Leica network.” When you want to use the direct method of connecting, whatever network your iPhone is normally tuned to, it’s vital you let it find the wi-fi network produced by the camera and switch to that.

I hope those of you who haven’t yet managed to connect the phone and the camera will persevere, because it’s potentially a useful feature. When it works, it works quite well.

Thank you for the useful tip. I did just as you suggested and the app now works fine. Very easy once you have connected.  Make sure you have the Leica T password handy to enter and the app will ask you for another password to confirm and hey presto you are ready to go. It is a piece of cake to upload and enjoy the photos.

• 5 months later...

Finally worked out what is wrong!

As said previously by: Daedalus2000

Steps:

I start the Wifi on the camera. I click on WLAN ON and then use Direct then press OK

Then I choose APP Connection and press OK

Now the camera has started a WIFi network

I go to iPhone, Settings and choose the Leica network. When it connects it tells me to start the Leica TL app 

NOW, I start the APP, it finds the camera and asks me to tap to connect, I do that and then the camera asks me to accept the connection which I do and then all is working well

Of course if this is the first time you connect to it you will have to give passwords etc

I tried with the EVF and without and it works with both, 

BUT, I saw that it will not work if the APP was on and you tried to use it before you connected to the Leica camera network.

The IMPORTANT thing is to have the app turned off. Not just not showing on the phone but turned off! Once I clicked onto that it was instant connection.

1) Fast double click your iPhone button 

It will bring up the apps that are running in the background of your phone. Your Leica one will be there as well as everything else that you have used.

2) 'Flick' the page up to the top so that they disappear. This is how you close the app properly.

Also helps battery life!

Follow Daedalus2000's steps above and you will connect straight away.

Hope this helps. It was driving me mad before.