Voigtlander 40 / 1.4 with E43 UV / IR

roshuu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a question. I bought Voitlanger 40 mm f / 1.4 to filter Leica E43 UV / IR.
Do you recommend to enable the Leica M8 menu function "on + uv / ir" or better left to the "off"? Voitlanger of course, is not encoded. I have the impression that the pictures from the "off" are more greenish than with "a + uv / ir." How do you have at home? Does it also affect the sharpness of jpg files is?

I don't shoot jpegs but with non coded lenses i've always set Lens Detection to off on my M8.2. 

According to the M8.2 instructions (page 104) « When using aperture priority and manual exposure setting in conjunction with a lens without 6-bit coding, the camera’s identification function must always be turned off, to prevent malfunctions ». Also the Leica UV/IR filters instructions state that « Leica 6-bit coded lenses are necessary for the use of this filter with the Leica M8 »
I would take those warnings with a pinch of salt though as one of my favorite lenses on M8.2 is an uncoded Summilux 35/1.4 v2 on which i use Leica UV/IR filters with no problem at all. But again i don't shoot jpegs so i don't know how the camera behaves in this format.

• 4 weeks later...

If it is the # 13417 (M43 x 0.75) Leica UV/IR filter it should fit the filter thread of the CV 40/1.4 which has also a 0.75 pitch if i'm not mistaken but i have no experience with this combo. Otherwise it could damage the filter thread of the lens but i won't affect the image quality of the lens anyway.