Can I use Leica T lenses on Leica SL camera?

Personally, would not invest in TL lenses for future use on an SL. As stated, they will be cropped on the SL and of lower resolution than their use on the T! You would be better off investing in M lenses for future use on the SL as they are full frame. And I find them to be better on the T than the TL lenses. Something to consider.

• Like 1

Personally, would not invest in TL lenses for future use on an SL. As stated, they will be cropped on the SL and of lower resolution than their use on the T! You would be better off investing in M lenses for future use on the SL as they are full frame. And I find them to be better on the T than the TL lenses. Something to consider.

I had same feeling, the only problem is price of M lenses.

OK.

What you think, maybe is better to invest in SL lenses, temporary use it on Leica T and later buy Leica SL?

OR

Realy think slowly to transfer to M system.

Edited by chrisfugiel
  • Like 1

I had same feeling, the only problem is price of M lenses.

OK.

What you think, maybe is better to invest in SL lenses, temporary use it on Leica T and later buy Leica SL?

OR

Realy think slowly to transfer to M system.

In the secondary market, M lenses aren't too highly priced and they hold their value. I have bought several and as good as new, even 20 or 30 year old lenses. I don't think SL lenses will work on the T? Someone else will need to confirm that. You will need to decide if upgrading to M or SL.

Both of the lenses will work on each system. T will have SL lenses, or any other half frame or full frame lens as long as there is an adapter for it (with 1.5 of the focal length), and SL is the same as T but with 1 focal length for most of the cases unless it is specifically designed for smaller sensor (like TL).

Edited by can-photo

In the secondary market, M lenses aren't too highly priced and they hold their value. I have bought several and as good as new, even 20 or 30 year old lenses. I don't think SL lenses will work on the T? Someone else will need to confirm that. You will need to decide if upgrading to M or SL.

You are right, Leica SL is so bulky. So, I will go for M system. I had, olready, started to look for second hand Leica M or Voigtlander lenses. I will not invest more in Leica T (TL) lenses.

Thanks a lot.

Merry Christmas.

:)