I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, Sunyforreal said:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This old girl is already 20! She should be able to legally buy me drinks this year.

Looking forward to making some photos this weekend. Hope everyone has a great one.

Barely looks used! That paint is fresh!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 28framelines said:

Barely looks used! That paint is fresh!

@wattsy @28framelines I really lucked out with this one. Bought it from a guy who shot like 3 rolls with it then put it back in the box and didn’t touch it for 20 years. Needed a CLA but was basically blemish-free with no brassing. Proud to say I’ve been using the hell out of it and the brassing’s all mine. Won’t ever be going back in it’s box.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sunyforreal said:

This old girl is already 20! She should be able to legally buy me drinks this year.

Looking forward to making some photos this weekend. Hope everyone has a great one.

She is a beauty. And comes with a M6 ISO dial. My silver chrome one is about 180 serial numbers earlier and has the MP dial.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Studienkamera said:

She is a beauty. And comes with a M6 ISO dial. My silver chrome one is about 180 serial numbers earlier and has the MP dial.

Thank you and yup good catch! Things were funky at Leica with the first couple batches of the MP as they were still using up old M6 parts. I like the M6 ISO dial so I’m glad I have it. I’ve just heard wishy-washy information about servicing the light meter if I have troubles since the whole metering system is different from the newer MP metering system. But it makes mine kinda like a MP-6 which is cool, just with sharkskin and not leatherette. 

10 hours ago, hirohhhh said:

Yeah, my wind lever started to brass after two months or less. Not much the rest of the body.

The rewind knob is just now starting to show a tiny bit of brassing. I think I’ve ran like a little over 50 rolls through the camera since I’ve got it. Natural brassing (not that sandpaper wildness) definitely does take time. 

1 hour ago, Sunyforreal said:

The rewind knob is just now starting to show a tiny bit of brassing. I think I’ve ran like a little over 50 rolls through the camera since I’ve got it. Natural brassing (not that sandpaper wildness) definitely does take time. 

Man, I’ve probably put 100 rolls through mine already and I still see no brassing on the rewind knob. It’s weird, I expected it to be the first thing to go. Maybe I just have soft hands 😂 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 28framelines said:

Man, I’ve probably put 100 rolls through mine already and I still see no brassing on the rewind knob. It’s weird, I expected it to be the first thing to go. Maybe I just have soft hands 😂 

Haha it definitely takes time! But I also manhandle that camera lol. It’s super slight, and only around the very top edge of the knurling

On 2/3/2023 at 11:44 PM, Sunyforreal said:

amzing camera you got there! enjoy and surely this one doesnt scratch films

• Thanks 1

Fellow traveller for the past 17 years and 100's of films.

• Like 11

Thanks.  I like summicrons and bought the 28mm as an upgrade to my long used v1 28mm summicron asph, mainly for the sliding hood which I think is much better than the ridiculous plastic wheelie-bin sized hood on the v1.  I liked the olive green with black paint mismatch so much, also on my M10-R, I added the 50mm & 90mm!  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Fellow traveller for the past 17 years and 100's of films.

Beautiful sets! Love the green enamel paint but i realised i didnt need 28mm cron, been for so long on my wishlists 

• Like 1

After making the mistake of selling 2 BP MPs since I believed I was done with film, 2 new MPs showed up. A silver one about a month ago for color and another BP which arrived today for B&W.  These newer versions thankfully don’t have the sharkskin like textured covering.  Film developed from the silver show no evidence of scratching film.  Running a roll of exposed film just now through the BP also confirms no scratching. 😀

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, ymc226 said:

After making the mistake of selling 2 BP MPs since I believed I was done with film, 2 new MPs showed up. A silver one about a month ago for color and another BP which arrived today for B&W.  These newer versions thankfully don’t have the sharkskin like textured covering.  Film developed from the silver show no evidence of scratching film.  Running a roll of exposed film just now through the BP also confirms no scratching. 😀

Nice.  Surprisingly, I almost never see a silver MP.

16 hours ago, logan2z said:

Nice.  Surprisingly, I almost never see a silver MP.

I prefer the more "vintage" silver look.  Reminds me of not only classic Leica Ms but also a Canon RF which my father let me have when I was very young.  I actually have a 3rd MP still unopened and also in silver to give to my daughter when she completes her photography degree in a few years.  

• Like 5