I love my MP

2 hours ago, mediumformula said:

Nice.  I'm leaving this week for a 3 week trip to Italy and bringing my MP, a Summilux 50 and mostly TMax 400. 

Nice.  Just got back from walking my dog. I took my MdA, MP, Tmax 400 and Kentmere 400.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lmans said:

How many rolls of film for 3 weeks?

I currently have 20 rolls packed but might bring a few more.  That's a roll a day basically.  I'm pretty deliberate and methodical with my shooting so don't go through a lot of film.  I have mostly Tmax 400 and a few rolls of Portra 800 and Tmax 3200 for some evening shooting.  I'm also bringing a Sony A7R4 with a 28-200mm Tamron for video and M mount adapter so I can put my Summilux on the Sony if I want to shoot digital stills on a prime lens.  I'm doing ethnographic/anthropological fieldwork so will mostly be doing video but want to do some artistic film photography of my research too. 

• Like 1

I'm liking the BP hotshot cover from Kanto which arrived this week (via KameraCrafts , Thailand).

Available in silver chrome also

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, grahamc said:

I'm liking the BP hotshot cover from Kanto which arrived this week (via KameraCrafts , Thailand).

Is this an MP a la carte? I’ve not seen another MP with the serial and name engraved on the hotshoe in this style

Advertisement (gone after registration)

46 minutes ago, Sunyforreal said:

Is this an MP a la carte? I’ve not seen another MP with the serial and name engraved on the hotshoe in this style

Hi yes it’s a la carte - the a la carte choices being no top script or serial engraving. Blacked out “made in Germany” on rear and full black baseplate 

• Like 2

I love my new MP 🙂 🙂 🙂 

aka M6/2022 🙂

• Haha 4

vor 5 Stunden schrieb mr35mm:

I love my new MP 🙂 🙂 🙂 

aka M6/2022 🙂

I believe there is a thread, “ I love my M6” ( just be proud of it! ) 

technically it’s not an MP ….

but still a beautiful camera. 

Edited by Paulus

On 11/28/2022 at 9:40 PM, grahamc said:

These cold shoe covers look super nice. They also cover that small hole on top that may allow dust to eventually  make its way into the viewfinder.

I have a few for my silver chrome cameras and the color match is spot on.

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb mr35mm:

No Sir, it's a MP in the M6 Body

Of course it’s a beautiful camera, still when it is named M6 and it looks like an M6 classic why would you want to call it an MP? 
I remember when the MP came in the market around 2000, when I bought my first one. Some repairmen at Leica Netherlands were talking to me: “they call it an MP but the inside is almost an exact M6! “
in that time the M6ttl was the last model and going back to the pre- M6ttl body , same messurements as the M6 classic which was on the market already for 20 years. 
of course the MP in years has develloped a little in viewfinder etc. 
so the MP = not M6ttl = not M6 classical  ( because of some ,minor, developements) but just called an MP. 

the modern M6 has of course all

the “good parts” of a modern MP , but still the MP still looks like an MP (like  the old reporter camera’s before the M6 arrived)  

This new M6 doesn’t look like an MP on the outside, isn’t called an MP but an M6 so why would we say “ it’s an MP”…? Or as you say: “ it’s an M6 in a body of an MP ? No it is not. The body of an MP looks different. 

You might say, “ it has all the parts of a Modern MP inside”

still it’s an M6 at the outside with the bodymeasurments and looks of an classic M6 . 

So maybe the M6 does belong in :

I believe with cars, there is a similar question in semantics ? 
“ is it’s bmw or is it a landrover? 
would somebody say:” this is my landrover / bmw ? 

Edited by Paulus

16 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Yawn.

Evidence, or just gaslighting?

I'v read on several responses in the new M6 forum that it has the internals of the present MP clad in "Classic M6 clothing."  As stated in my previous post, I was in Leica NYC about a week ago who had a new M6 in stock.  The attendant which I believe to be the owner stated as such.

45 minutes ago, ymc226 said:

I'v read on several responses in the new M6 forum that it has the internals of the present MP clad in "Classic M6 clothing."  As stated in my previous post, I was in Leica NYC about a week ago who had a new M6 in stock.  The attendant which I believe to be the owner stated as such.

The Leica Store Miami guys stated the same in their recent Red Dot Forum episode on the new M6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ymc226 said:

Leica produce 3 film cameras at the moment, M-A, MP & M6. They all share the same basic body but are very different animals. It has always been this way, in 1955 we had the M1, M2, M3 and MP, all the same basic body but all very different. It would seem that a few people on this forum just like to try and make an irrelevant point.

7 hours ago, ymc226 said:

The M2 had the internals of a M3, the M4 had the internals of the M2/M3 etc. And now we have the M6 with the internals of its predecessor. Hence my "yawn".

Alongside that we have the statements reported from Leica itself that they have a new supply line for the M6 parts, which doesn't have to mean that the parts are radically or functionally different - although it sounds like the meter circuit board is different.

Any new product from Leica is met by internet comments "of course it is just rebadged [Fuji/Panasonic/Leica M#/Sony]". It's part of the tradition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1