I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 minutes ago, Helge said:

Here (Germany) the black paint M-A still available for online order (2-5 days delivery) as well as for pick-up at the Leica Store Wetzlar.

Is this fact - you can order a BP M-A to collect at the Wetzlar store?

3 minutes ago, logan2z said:

Not sure what you're trying to say.  I mentioned the Redesign program earlier in this thread and provided a link to it.  That program does not allow one to order a new M-A in black paint.

Sorry, missed your link. Not trying to say anything>

Advertisement (gone after registration)

41 minutes ago, logan2z said:

I still don't understand why you can convert a camera to black paint but can't order one with black paint in the first place. 

Post #4436… they may not want a lot of people doing this…other production priorities and/or a desire to keep the black paint versions more exclusive.  Seems as though they will do it for some, but not in great numbers and without fanfare.

Jeff

5 minutes ago, Helge said:

I didn‘t try it myself but that’s what the German web page says.

Are you sure?  This page on the German site say it's available in black or silver chrome only.  I don't see a black paint option.

https://store.leica-camera.com/de/de/leica-m-a-typ-127-schwarz-verchromt

Edited by logan2z

33 minutes ago, Helge said:

That seems not to be completely true.

Here (Germany) the black paint M-A still available for online order (2-5 days delivery) as well as for pick-up at the Leica Store Wetzlar.

However I have to admit that it is at back order at most of the other stores.

Link please ? 

4 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Seems as though they will do it for some, but not in great numbers and without fanfare.

I guess that's possible.  If anything, I'd think that the M-A makes more sense in black paint than the MP given that it's the closet camera in the lineup to the 'classic' Leica film cameras. 

I may just pick up an M3 and send it to Kanto Camera for the transformation.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, logan2z said:

I guess that's possible.  If anything, I'd think that the M-A makes more sense in black paint than the MP given that it's the closet camera in the lineup to the 'classic' Leica film cameras. 

I may just pick up an M3 and send it to Kanto Camera for the transformation.

But it won't brass... 

I think I'll just live with the BP MP, "wart" and all. TBH I barely noticed the battery cover before you all pointed it out and now it's all I see. Ok not really, but still.

I am debating whether to use a case, which does allow me to pretend the battery cover isn't there.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jackbaty said:

I think I'll just live with the BP MP, "wart" and all. TBH I barely noticed the battery cover before you all pointed it out and now it's all I see. Ok not really, but still.

I am debating whether to use a case, which does allow me to pretend the battery cover isn't there.

Obviously not Black Paint but I don't think the battery cover is that noticeable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matlock said:

Obviously not Black Paint but I don't think the battery cover is that noticeable.

Still gorgeous. I've been wildly exaggerating the "problem" of the battery cover. I'm sure to some it matters a great deal, but not to me. The MP and M-As are beautiful either way. The bigger problem I'm having right now is making this decision...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2