Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently got into MPs. They’re the most perfect object. 

Started with an Mp BP. Then an hermès, then MP3 BP (holy grail) and now I just bought an MP Kyoto. Can’t wait to receive it. 
Next I want is MP titan, and after that, MP Blue Satin, although it might take me a decade to find it. 

the MP is just gorgeous. It makes me want to sell my M6 millenium that I now find too big. 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pictures are worth two thousand words.. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

My Chrome Mp with Summarex   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

my black paint collection   (not a "real" black paint M2 so I posted it in the MP thread)   note that the little Voigltänder Héliar 28 is black painted brass as well Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Wow! Where did you find it? 
Love the Safari’s ( have a M-P Safari and a Reporter). Found a first batch MP a while back thats waiting with a friend, cant to travel and collect it. 
Congrats!

Edited by Patrik
2 hours ago, jackbaty said:

Well it arrived today and it may be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

If Darth Vader had been a photographer he would have chosen a black MP... with a Noctilux, being on the dark side and all that.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Started with an Mp BP. Then an hermès, then MP3 BP (holy grail) and now I just bought an MP Kyoto. Can’t wait to receive it. 
Next I want is MP titan, and after that, MP Blue Satin, although it might take me a decade to find it. 

the MP is just gorgeous. It makes me want to sell my M6 millenium that I now find too big.

While I liked my MP, to my taste the M-A is a “more perfect” object. I don’t like the battery cover, and the MP’s ISO dial on the back is not nice. The old ISO dials like on the M3, M2, M4 were much, much nicer and the new one on the M-A is also much better than the one on the MP. Do any of these special editions have a different/better ISO dial? 

Unfortunately the M-A doesn’t come in black paint, but even then it’s the nicest M (purely as an object) in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, roelandinho said:

M-A is a “more perfect” object.

Of course it is, but so much harder to use ! 

7 minutes ago, roelandinho said:

Do any of these special editions have a different/better ISO dial? 

I like the MP Titan ISO dial a lot. It's bi color, with the ring in Silver/Titan..

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Steven said:

Of course it is, but so much harder to use ! 

I like the MP Titan ISO dial a lot. It's bi color, with the ring in Silver/Titan..

It’s not really that hard to train your eyes to work as a light meter. You can practice with one of your MPs for as long as you need. Try it! It’s really nice to shoot an M without any distracting red lights in the viewfinder. 

I am consistently within plus or minus half a stop (now and then it’s a full stop but that’s on a bad day) of what a light meter says, which is much better accuracy than what is actually needed to successfully shoot negative film. If in doubt, just expose a bit more. If you shoot Portra especially you have heaps of latitude. 

The MP titan’s ISO dial is essentially the same dial it seems, just a different color scheme. 

Edited by roelandinho

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 minutes ago, roelandinho said:

It’s not really that hard to train your eyes to work as a light meter. You can practice with one of your MPs for as long as you need. Try it! It’s really nice to shoot an M without any distracting red lights in the viewfinder. 

I am consistently within plus or minus half a stop (now and then it’s a full stop but that’s on a bad day) of what a light meter says, which is much better accuracy than what is actually needed to successfully shoot negative film. If in doubt, just expose a bit more. If you shoot Portra especially you have heaps of latitude. 

The MP titan’s ISO dial is essentially the same dial it seems, just a different color scheme. 

I'm doing alright with Sunny 16 outdoor. It gets really hard indoor. 

Hey now, JackBaty.  
Mine arrived today, too.

Sexy beast!

2 hours ago, EddieCheddar said:

Hey now, JackBaty.  
Mine arrived today, too.

Sexy beast!

Congrats. Love it! I put a couple rolls through mine today and processed/scanned one. Nothing good, but the camera works perfectly. The faults are all mine. Here's the very first frame. A mirror selfie, naturally :). This is going to be fun.

36 minutes ago, jackbaty said:

Congrats. Love it! I put a couple rolls through mine today and processed/scanned one. Nothing good, but the camera works perfectly. The faults are all mine. Here's the very first frame. A mirror selfie, naturally :). This is going to be fun.

Along with a picture of your Focomat v35, great enlarger.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb roelandinho:

I wonder what Ansel Adams would have said about this remark? 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I wonder what Ansel Adams would have said about this remark? 

He would have said “You’re right, it is indeed the same ISO dial as on all of the other MP’s and it sucks.” 🙃

I am joking of course, and I don’t think it’s a big deal. The MP is great!

Edited by roelandinho
14 hours ago, jackbaty said:

Well it arrived today and it may be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

9 hours ago, EddieCheddar said:

Hey now, JackBaty.  
Mine arrived today, too.

Sexy beast!

Congratulations to both of you. I would have loved to have got a brand new MP but I was messed around by an online company that advertised one, took my payment then said I was on a waiting list. I eventually got my money back and bought a second hand one that I am still very pleased with and love.

And for those who prefer no battery compartment here it is with it's meterless stablemate.

17 hours ago, Steven said:

They made this for you :)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, jackbaty said:

Yeah, the battery cover is my least favorite feature, but I'm able to overlook it due to it being eclipsed by that gorgeous black paint finish :)

Black paint, no battery cover.

Edited by wattsy
27 minutes ago, wattsy said:

Black paint, no battery cover.

Nice! Is this an M-A you had painted black? Or an MP with the battery compartment filled up and with a new skin? What does the back of this camera look like?

1 hour ago, roelandinho said:

Nice! Is this an M-A you had painted black? Or an MP with the battery compartment filled up and with a new skin? What does the back of this camera look like?

It's an M-A. It came from Leica like that. (It's about 5 years old before anyone gets excited that it might be a new product.)

7 minutes ago, wattsy said:

It's an M-A. It came from Leica like that. (It's about 5 years old before anyone gets excited that it might be a new product.)

Interesting. I recently asked Wetzlar if it was possible to get a black paint M-A but the response was negative.