I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, jakontil said:

Apart from difference in metering, what would make you want an MP?

black paint? 😏

I don't care about the meter, in fact I prefer an unmetered camera.  But I do like the black paint finish.  Shallow, I know.  Of course Leica will convert a black chrome M-A to black paint via their Customization program, but I'm quite sure the cost would be prohibitive.  So the MP would be the only 'practical' option for a new black paint M film camera.

Just a note to those who have been looking for but struggling to find a BP MP, after they have been largely out of stock worldwide and in between batches. I received a new MP from the Sydney store last week. It was stamped with a manufacture date of early Jan. So if you were on the lookout for a BP MP now would be a good time to get back on the trail as they’ve obviously just done a run of these.

Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_4802 said:

Just a note to those who have been looking for but struggling to find a BP MP, after they have been largely out of stock worldwide and in between batches. I received a new MP from the Sydney store last week. It was stamped with a manufacture date of early Jan. So if you were on the lookout for a BP MP now would be a good time to get back on the trail as they’ve obviously just done a run of these.

Steve

This kind of information is a threat to my matrimonial harmony. 

Thanks, though :)

• Haha 3

On 1/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, jakontil said:

Had to sacrifice my M10-D with M6 TTL to sanction this beauty... i was hesitate at first getting the black paint but it’s time to get out of my comfort zone with chrome coatings

oh my, speechless to say the least... over my expectations 

One looking camera.  What finishes were your M10D and M6?

On 1/31/2021 at 1:07 AM, RayD28 said:

One looking camera.  What finishes were your M10D and M6?

I had to return the blackpaint since the metering wasnt triggered... i dont know what happened though... may be the contact pins at the back, anyhow... swop back to silver

m10-D only came in black chrome and the m6 ttl was silver

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, logan2z said:

I don't care about the meter, in fact I prefer an unmetered camera.  But I do like the black paint finish.  Shallow, I know.  Of course Leica will convert a black chrome M-A to black paint via their Customization program, but I'm quite sure the cost would be prohibitive.  So the MP would be the only 'practical' option for a new black paint M film camera.

It sucks that they don’t offer “a la carte” anymore, therefore you can’t order a new M-A in Black Paint. The customization program sounds expensive :(

Edited by CosmoM3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/29/2021 at 11:48 AM, logan2z said:

I have never heard of the Customization Program, only the al-a-cart that I thought was discontinued.  I just googled Leica Customization Program and it took me to a Leica site.  At first glance it looks like a program for used cameras, meaning you send them your used camera and tell them what you want done.  Does anyone have experience with program and costs?

Just now, RayD28 said:

I have never heard of the Customization Program, only the al-a-cart that I thought was discontinued.  I just googled Leica Customization Program and it took me to a Leica site.  At first glance it looks like a program for used cameras, meaning you send them your used camera and tell them what you want done.  Does anyone have experience with program and costs?

Hello Ray,

could you share the link you are mentioning? My google searches aren't successful !

I once bought   a M2  with a MP 0,58 rangefinder fitted by Leica with a  detailed Leica Solms  "repair" invoice . 

Best, JM.

Edited by JMF

59 minutes ago, RayD28 said:

At first glance it looks like a program for used cameras, meaning you send them your used camera and tell them what you want done.  

I believe that's how it works, but I have no personal experience with it. It does seem odd, however, that if I want a black paint M-A I have to first purchase and take delivery of a chrome M-A and then send it back to the factory for conversion to black paint.  That seems like an awfully inefficient process. 

For those looking for details on the program, you can find them here:

https://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-M/M-System-Service/Redesign

7 hours ago, logan2z said:

I believe that's how it works, but I have no personal experience with it. It does seem odd, however, that if I want a black paint M-A I have to first purchase and take delivery of a chrome M-A and then send it back to the factory for conversion to black paint.  That seems like an awfully inefficient process. 

Agree. That's pretty much what I was told by Leica NJ. I couldn't be bothered with the faff, so contacted the store at Wetzlar where I purchased a demo BP MP and had it customised to my specifications: Black chrome w/M9 leather covering, .72 viewfinder w/35-50-90 frame lines. Ordered in July, delivered in November. Would've received it much sooner but wanted the lens release button in BP as a nod to its origins. A painless, if wallet emptying, experience! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Poetry is the territory. 

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, johntobias said:

You are all very naughty...this long thread has led me to purchase my 'forever' camera, A Black MP...thanks all at Leica Manchester and all here !  

I'm curious, is the MP new or used?

vor 23 Stunden schrieb johntobias:

You are all very naughty...this long thread has led me to purchase my 'forever' camera, A Black MP...thanks all at Leica Manchester and all here !  

The Rocky's may crumble, Gibraltar will stumble in to the Sea, but my MP ...:  

On 3/5/2021 at 9:44 AM, johntobias said:

Then pray show us your new baby..............

Am 17.12.2020 um 09:18 schrieb cornedeweert.nl:

Just got my new Leica MP from Leicastore Amsterdam! It feels very smooth, very new, very nice. Happy as a dog with 7 d*cks, as we say in Holland. Just put my first roll trough it, can't wait for the results.

Looks really beautiful. Could you show us a photo of the backdoor? I heard from my Leica dealer that the latest MPs yet again have a new and different ISO dial. 
thanks so much and enjoy you lovely camera!

• Like 1

This is a close-up of the iso dial. It doesn't feel like metal, but a very hard plastic, but i could be mistaken.

• Like 4