I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, digger1914 said:

Ordered last December, manufactured on the 1st of September and delivered to Sydney today.  I am very excited!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

best of luck from Brisbane with your new MP (the black paint just gives that extra zazz IMHO) - get out shooting while you can (hopefully Sydney won't go the way of Melbourne)

2 hours ago, romualdo said:

best of luck from Brisbane with your new MP (the black paint just gives that extra zazz IMHO) - get out shooting while you can (hopefully Sydney won't go the way of Melbourne)

Thanks mate, I certainly will.  We have been pretty lucky here so far (touch wood) and I will be diving in!

On 9/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, AndyGarton said:

Just noticed also that LeicaS2's camera has a serial number starting with 525 - mine starts with 558 (owned for a few months), and has the "old" shark skin style covering. I know that serial numbers don't necessarily run in sequence, but it could be that this was a one-off incident, rather than a deliberate change? Lucky if so!

I was wondering the same thing.  My one that arrived this week is a 558 as well

Please see the later posts - seems it’s a definite change now, even the MP photos on the official Leica site have been updated (to show the “new” leather look covering, as opposed to shark skin).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For the record, my second black paint MP just arrived: serial number 5586445, and it has the new covering. My other MP (5586092) has the shark skin. I actually really like both coverings, for slightly different reasons.

Hi all

New to the forums and loving all the chat and pics. Turning 40 in March 2021, so looking to buy an MP to mark the occasion (mid life crisis purchase, haven’t shot film since I was a teenager using point and shoots). Does anyone have advice on current wait times? I.e. should I order now so its ready by March next year? Also, do you need to pay in full when ordering or can you place a deposit?

thanks

• Like 2

You can also register with the various Leica online stores to be notified when one becomes available. I did this recently with the Leica UK store, and it was only a couple of weeks before I got notified. It seems they only got one, because once I'd bought it, the camera showed "out of stock" again.

16 hours ago, Redfoxash said:

Hi all

New to the forums and loving all the chat and pics. Turning 40 in March 2021, so looking to buy an MP to mark the occasion (mid life crisis purchase, haven’t shot film since I was a teenager using point and shoots). Does anyone have advice on current wait times? I.e. should I order now so its ready by March next year? Also, do you need to pay in full when ordering or can you place a deposit?

thanks

As I said above, mine took 9 months to arrive, but the factory did close down for COVID reasons.  I was initially told it would be 6 to 9 months.  Leica Australia advised that they just arrive in small batches without warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Forever loved

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, romualdo said:

Beautiful camera!

Just a question, how did you order a different leather with it? I thought a la carte was discontinued?

I posted this picture in the Thambar-crazy-thread but it‘s not only about this very special lens but also about the beauty of the MP 😉

• Like 10

6 hours ago, mole73 said:

I posted this picture in the Thambar-crazy-thread but it‘s not only about this very special lens but also about the beauty of the MP 😉

Please stop. I have a black chrome M-A that I love but these black paint MPs are so beautiful I may have to do something stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb logan2z:

Please stop. I have a black chrome M-A that I love but these black paint MPs are so beautiful I may have to do something stupid. 

Thank you! 🙏 

But to be clear, every M body has elegance and sex appeal on it‘s own 😉

31 minutes ago, mole73 said:

Thank you! 🙏 

But to be clear, every M body has elegance and sex appeal on it‘s own 😉

Strange, but I had a black paint MP and didn't much like it. I think the black paint looks great on early LTM Leica's (IA or II etc) but I am not so keen on the M series in that finish. Each to his own I suppose. I have a IIIc in grey paint and that really does look the part.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Matlock:

Strange, but I had a black paint MP and didn't much like it. I think the black paint looks great on early LTM Leica's (IA or II etc) but I am not so keen on the M series in that finish. Each to his own I suppose. I have a IIIc in grey paint and that really does look the part.