I love my MP

In the bad old days when car manufacture was quite shoddy, with some car brands worse than others, it was often said that the crappy shut lines of doors to wing panels was the worse advert a manufacturer could make. If the manufacturer couldn’t be bothered with the external appearance, what did it say about the parts you couldn’t see, eg the engine and running gear. 

Car manufacturers learnt the lesson.

Edited by Steve Ricoh
  • Like 3

Am 26.3.2020 um 21:53 schrieb Stealth3kpl:

It only seems to have been an issue on the latest batch of MPs. Gluing seems to be a lost art.

Pete

If it would happen to me, i would send the camera back and demand , that they do a proppee job. Imho this is a guarantee issue. Nothing else. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paulus said:

If it would happen to me, i would send the camera back and demand , that they do a proppee job. Imho this is a guarantee issue. Nothing else. 

I prefer to use it than send it back for a couple of months due to a minor cosmetic non issue.

Edited by ianman
  • Like 1

With the world screeching to an almighty halt, I would have thought that returning a film camera to Leica is simply a way of saying goodbye to it until 2021. Even when they are fully up and running (i.e. when their single film repair guy is not on holiday), you have to wait 2-3 months for anything to be retuned.

As the saying goes, an MP with minor cosmetic issues in the hand is worth two MPs without in the bush. 

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 2

vor 12 Stunden schrieb ianman:

I prefer to use it than send it back for a couple of months due to a minor cosmetic non issue.

Yes I understand in your case in this time. I bought my last MP years ago, but would , in that time , send it back immediately. But the times... they are a changing. 

This thread is becoming a tale of woe and needs a little optimism injection.

Making plans for more adventures with my MP for when the world returns to 'normal'........

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Ouroboros:

Making plans for more adventures with my MP for when the world returns to 'normal'........

also a great camera to shoot indoors....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just love my MP more and more every day and barely starting to calm down from the fear of it being a camera that will break or have issues (from previous experience with a faulty purchase, hopefully that was just bad luck, and from forum posts here)... here it is with its Luigi strap (love that too):

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Coffee and Camera (MP)

Coffee and Camera by Dirk R., auf Flickr

• Like 8

On 3/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, Ouroboros said:

I have seen this grip before; someone told me it's a custom design from Poland? Where can a guy get this grip?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb gabrielaszalos:

I just love my MP more and more every day and barely starting to calm down from the fear of it being a camera that will break or have issues (from previous experience with a faulty purchase, hopefully that was just bad luck, and from forum posts here)... here it is with its Luigi strap (love that too):

Hi, your MP seems to be one of the newest batch! It has the highest serial number of all MP´s I've seen so far.

Congratulations to your purchase! You won´t regret it!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, mole73 said:

Hi, your MP seems to be one of the newest batch! It has the highest serial number of all MP´s I've seen so far.

Congratulations to your purchase! You won´t regret it!

Thanks! I definitely don’t regret it! I was at first doubting why I am spending so much on a camera but now I think it was totally worth, I just want to use it all the time. It was manufactured January 2020, I got it from Wetzlar

6 hours ago, Archiver said:

I have seen this grip before; someone told me it's a custom design from Poland? Where can a guy get this grip?

I bought it at the same time I bought my MP new in 2006 after seeing them on Ebay. I got it originally because I used an f1 Noctilux on my MP for a few years and the grip made it much easier to hold the MP stable whilst shooting with the Noctilux.  The Noctilux is long gone (I never liked it) but the grip is nice to use and aesthetically far better than the horrible Leica plastic grip M.

It came from China and cost £95 including vat and import duty.  I do know they became much more expensive but I'm not sure if you can still find them for sale.  

• Like 1