Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/23/2019 at 7:50 PM, caloosajo said:

Just joined the club with a fresh black paint MP! The folks at my Leica store gifted me with a wooden Leica train whistle also, saying (in jest, of course) that this was reserved only for the film M buyer. SL2 and Q2 buyers are out of luck :)

Can you look at the leather near the frame line preview lever? Is there any bubbling in it? It looks like new MP’s have some, including mine.

Here’s a reddit thread with the same issue 

Edited by advil

I had similar "lumps" on my new MP bought nearly 2 years ago. It doesn't really bother me, not enough to be without it months. I don't like the covering anyway and I will get it changed one day.

Oh that’s not right. If that was a used MP and the last user had applied a new leatherette themselves Leaving it looking like that , you’d only buy it at a discount. But considering the price of a hand finished product in Germany the misfitting cover isn’t right. It’s as though a screw under the coating hasn’t been screwed down enough (cross threaded?). I’m guessing it’s not just an air bubble that could be deflated with a pin?

2 hours ago, lincoln_m said:

Oh that’s not right. If that was a used MP and the last user had applied a new leatherette themselves Leaving it looking like that , you’d only buy it at a discount. But considering the price of a hand finished product in Germany the misfitting cover isn’t right. It’s as though a screw under the coating hasn’t been screwed down enough (cross threaded?). I’m guessing it’s not just an air bubble that could be deflated with a pin?

it's an air bubble but it doesn't stick when i press it down. it's as though there is no adhesive in this spot. the photos make it look more noticeable than it is in person but it's still frustrating. i have to send my M7 for servicing the loose top plate, once it's back I will complain to Leica and see if they can give me a better wrapping, I much prefer the leather on the M7.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb lincoln_m:

Or it is the leatherette of the M-A accidentally placed on an MP? The M-A has visible screws in the leather. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/25/2019 at 5:36 AM, advil said:

Can you look at the leather near the frame line preview lever? Is there any bubbling in it? It looks like new MP’s have some, including mine.

Here’s a reddit thread with the same issue 

No lumps, bumps, or bubbles on mine. Was yours like that right out of the box?

16 hours ago, Paulus said:

Or it is the leatherette of the M-A accidentally placed on an MP? The M-A has visible screws in the leather. 

This is a really good question...

10 hours ago, caloosajo said:

No lumps, bumps, or bubbles on mine. Was yours like that right out of the box?

Yep. I took it to Leica today since I was dropping off my M7 to be sent out for repair. They made a note of it and let me keep it until I got my M7 back. They took a photo and have already asked New Jersey. I also linked them to the reddit thread with the other guy with the same problem so hopefully they'll investigate.

1 minute ago, Topsy said:

Here's mine, new to me just before Christmas only just got round to photographing it with D-Lux Typ 109.

It joins a large family..........

But goes front and center.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, khoaviet said:

My MP and 35 summaron 

fa883e1baf1be9baab41fcb3502f&oe=5E90D905[/img]

Nice MP "in flower"  Khoa with VN  Halong Bay dusk landscape 😐

I sent you a MP.

Best  Henry

Edited by Doc Henry

vor 2 Stunden schrieb comte de Mazan:

My MP in the french Alps. It was quite cold, below 0°c, and I took pictures for two hours, without problems.

Of course! And minus 40 would not be a problem either when Leica services the camera for polar conditions. 

33 minutes ago, comte de Mazan said:

The Leica Blog post you linked to is frustratingly lightweight, a wasted opportunity for Leica as there is barely anything to it!

Unfortunately, the url for Martin Hartley's website is not working.  I was hoping for more information about the expedition.

23 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

The Leica Blog post you linked to is frustratingly lightweight, a wasted opportunity for Leica as there is barely anything to it!

Unfortunately, the url for Martin Hartley's website is not working.  I was hoping for more information about the expedition.

Take à look here....
https://youtu.be/GeCbclG6-NI