I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Out shooting yesterday and somehow lose the screw retaining the rewind post!!......Please check yours are all tight!!

Just had the estimate to replace the screw from Leica Germany as the part is not available in the UK and Leica will not supply - they also won't repair without a full CLA which it doesn't need - £946!!

I think I will sell as is!!

Just had the estimate to replace the screw from Leica Germany as the part is not available in the UK and Leica will not supply - they also won't repair without a full CLA which it doesn't need - £946!!

Maybe send it to DAG in the USA? Even with the shipping cost, it will almost certainly be much cheaper.

£946. Leica UK back in the Milton Keynes days would likely have sorted it for free.

Have you tried Malcolm Taylor?  There must be a solution that only costs a few pounds at most.

• Like 1

Maybe send it to DAG in the USA? Even with the shipping cost, it will almost certainly be much cheaper.

£946. Leica UK back in the Milton Keynes days would likely have sorted it for free.

Will contact them thanks

Have you tried Malcolm Taylor?  There must be a solution that only costs a few pounds at most.

I will contact Malcolm - he may have the part - I've been trying to source one from eBay - have found one from an M2 but not sure if it's the same. There no way I will approve the estimate

• Like 1

Update - Leica have now agreed to replace/repair without doing a full CLA apart from rangefinder realignment - £180 inc Shipping/VAT.

I'm glad to hear that some kind of sanity has prevailed. There have been one or two disappointing bits of news coming out recently relating to Leica's support of their film bodies and it did concern me to think that Leica thought it reasonable to charge so much for such a simple repair.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Update - Leica have now agreed to replace/repair without doing a full CLA apart from rangefinder realignment - £180 inc Shipping/VAT.

Could it be, that Leica might read these pages too? .

I'm so glad we have the best Leica repairman in the Netherlands..

Wattsy - Don @ Dag has just got back to me and he has the screw in stock @ $30 - just in case any one out there needs the same!

• Like 1

Hey Gang,

I have a new MP. I've had another MP and two M6's in the past, so I've used these cameras a lot. My new MP is draining batteries like crazy. About every third or fourth time I take it out, the battery is dead. I'm not in the habit of turning it too B/OFF, but I am going to do that from now. Thing is, I've never been in the habit of doing that and never had a problem with battery life before. I barely ever needed to change batteries with my prior cameras. I'm using it in the same way with the same bag as always.

Today I took the camera out of it's bag and of course the battery was drained, but the shutter was not cocked. Could the battery be drained even if the shutter is not cocked? Or can this be some other problem? I really (like really) don't want to be without my camera right now, but this battery draining is getting ridiculous. The battery department looks clean with no dirt. Any thing else I can take a look at at home? 

Many thanks in advance,

Max

Hey Gang,

I have a new MP. I've had another MP and two M6's in the past, so I've used these cameras a lot. My new MP is draining batteries like crazy. About every third or fourth time I take it out, the battery is dead. I'm not in the habit of turning it too B/OFF, but I am going to do that from now. Thing is, I've never been in the habit of doing that and never had a problem with battery life before. I barely ever needed to change batteries with my prior cameras. I'm using it in the same way with the same bag as always.

Today I took the camera out of it's bag and of course the battery was drained, but the shutter was not cocked. Could the battery be drained even if the shutter is not cocked? Or can this be some other problem? I really (like really) don't want to be without my camera right now, but this battery draining is getting ridiculous. The battery department looks clean with no dirt. Any thing else I can take a look at at home? 

Many thanks in advance,

Max

I know the issue , if it's the same like my M6 .( although I thought the elctrical wiring is differnt from the MP )  

The electrical system was faulty and leaking. If the MP is uncocked it normally does not leak.

You have to send it back to Leica and they will redo the "wiring ". It;'s new so no harm done.

I just bought a NIB black paint leicavit m for my MP on eBay. It was priced right in the low 400 range so had to complete the package. It's from a dealer in Austria and he has 10 available. Shipped today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max , can you tell me the reference of your battery ? It's unique (3 Volts) or 2 batteries (1.5 x 2) ?

My MP since 2 years has the same battery and some dozen of rolls

Henry

I used them both. It's not the battery's fault, but the camera. An right working MP can work for months on any battery. 

Edited by Paulus

Yes, as Paulus, I have also tried both one larger and two smaller stacking and both drained very fast.

I just purchased a Contax T3 and once it arrives, I'm going to send my MP off for service. Not looking forward to being without it.

Thanks again,

Max

And it comes back from Leica with dust still in the finder and the glass is cracked!! Love my MP but not Leica! It's on it's way back!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And it comes back from Leica with dust still in the finder and the glass is cracked!! Love my MP but not Leica! It's on it's way back!

I purchased my MP new in February this year; next week it goes back to Leica - Dust in the finder too (lots of it).

I thought this had been solved with the later models.