I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A response to the prior query, my MP has never been dropped or jarred. There is not a sign of wear or use, which is quite remarkable for a camera with many dozens of rolls put through it. It often surprises me how worn some cameras on the big auction site can look after "only 10 rolls" have been put through them.

I really am quite satisfied with the MP, just had to lament sending it in for service. In the balance of things, a trip to Leica for seven years of operation is not too bad.

• Like 1

thoose days in Danmark

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Nice, a Panda MP.

Is the 35mm a modern ASPH summicron? A special edition?

Thanks, Rob

it is a 35 Summicron anthracite special edition (to commemorate 50 years of Leica M in 2004)

from Leica website Leica Camera AG - Photography - LEICA MP Anthracite

there are 600 anthracite MP cameras and

only 400 anthracite 35-Summicron lenses

the anthracite lenses are more difficult to find... there are a few of them on eBay/year

• Like 8

Mine with a 35 cron Millennium

Edited by NB23
  • Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

it is a 35 Summicron anthracite special edition (to commemorate 50 years of Leica M in 2004)

from Leica website Leica Camera AG - Photography - LEICA MP Anthracite

there are 600 anthracite MP cameras and

only 400 anthracite 35-Summicron lenses

the anthracite lenses are more difficult to find... there are a few of them on eBay/year

...nice - is there something about the watch I am missing?

...nice - is there something about the watch I am missing?

lol it's just that they are from Japan... the anthracite 35cron lens and MP were ordered by the japan Leica distributor, DKSH company

and the unusual watch is "TO watch" from Issey Miyake

minimalism, classically- mechanical, functionality and practicality... well, subjectively

• Like 5

do you have any pics taken with it?

lol seriously, I was dumb/stupid enough to pay extra-premium to buy an anthracite MP, how could I possibly be capable of using it? lol

oh you mean the watch? lol

===========================

anyway I just dropped my camera bag while I was traveling last month and here's a dent on the anthracite hood of this lens (fortunately, so far the camera seems working fine)

There's a small camera shop closed to the hotel (I was traveling in Dharamsala, India)... the owner of the shop gave me an idea of using the long-nose pliers and a cloth to fix the dent on the hood (he said... at your own risk)

so I tried applying a slight pressure on the dent with the cloth between the pliers and the hood... and it worked... so it took me like a few hours fixing it...

the last pic is the hood after fixing with the long-nose pliers

so be aware of the dropped anthracite MP serial 3005845 (092/600)... if you see it on eBay lol

Edited by Leican
  • Like 6

Especially with a complimentary, out-of-warranty repair. Just have to give accolades for best-in-the-world service.

Recap: 7 year old MP frame lines stop changing with lens change or use of lever, meter also 2/3 stop underexposing. No visible signs of wear. Sent in with copies of expired Passport warranty cards. Returned in 10 days fully repaired, compliments of Leica USA.

• Like 1

MP with 12mm CV and some beautiful light yesterday.

• Like 14

lol

anyway I just dropped my camera bag while I was traveling last month and here's a dent on the anthracite hood of this lens (fortunately, so far the camera seems working fine)

There's a small camera shop closed to the hotel (I was traveling in Dharamsala, India)... the owner of the shop gave me an idea of using the long-nose pliers and a cloth to fix the dent on the hood (he said... at your own risk)

so I tried applying a slight pressure on the dent with the cloth between the pliers and the hood... and it worked... so it took me like a few hours fixing it...

the last pic is the hood after fixing with the long-nose pliers

so be aware of the dropped anthracite MP serial 3005845 (092/600)... if you see it on eBay lol

I'd just bought a new 35 Summilux in 1974 and was using it up in the stands for some crowd shots at a basketball game. changing lenses and dropped it 10 meters! Expected to find little intact when I found it, but all that was damaged was the hood. Pliers did an OK job and the lens was used for a couple decades till sold. Looks Like you could do a little better job reforming the hood here.

• 5 weeks later...

What can I say, this is a classic camera.

• Like 5