I love my MP

I just picked up a used MP from a forum member, ran through a couple rolls this weekend...now off to the processor. I have not shot film in 12 years, this should be an interesting trainwreck...can't wait to see Velvia again!

I have two v700s at the office...so I think I have the scanning thing down.

• Like 1

Yes, woe betide anyone that doesn't buy a Flextight to scan a couple of rolls of film. There are a number of rules that must be obeyed in this forum: 1. 35mm film (especially film taken using a Leica camera) must not be scanned on a flatbed scanner; 2. Nobody is allowed to just enjoy doing a bit of photography. All photography must be conducted in an earnest manner, respecting at all times the various Leica traditions which include observing rule 1.

• Like 9

Just picked my new A la Carte MP from the dealer yesterday:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

how long was the wait?

Well, I placed the order in October, so nearly five months. But there was a bunch of off-menu options:

• Like 2

You have the most suitable name for an a la carte MP Mr Fan. :D

What options did you get?

Ha, I didn't even realize the coincidence until someone at Leica pointed it out to me.

Aside from the re-jiggered back engraving (I also had the "Made in Germany" engraving right-justified), I picked the classic 35-50-90 frame line set, vulcanite covering (still the old stuff), black paint shutter release surround, and black exposure counter. A lot of those things were special requests.

• Like 3

I like the black additions. Nice.

Do I understand you correctly that this is a .72 with three, rather than the usual six viewfinder frames?

Is the ASA dial standard issue?

Yes, it is a .72x viewfinder with only three frame sets (35mm, 50mm, 90mm). Only one set shows at a time.

The ISO dial is standard issue for MPs.

I wanted a black chrome hot shoe, but they couldn't dig one up that would work. The people in Solms worked really hard to get this camera done. Much of it was done outside of the normal production line.

• Like 1