I love my MP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anthony: the silver lens looks great against the black paint; my M5 has a black chrome body, and it looks best with the 50 mm silver chrome summicron. of course this is mere personal preference, and it does not concern the images. I like your remark about black and it fits in.

Thomas

For the MP lovers. © WBR

Cheers,

Wilfredo+

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Guest lykoudos

Hello,

The MP is an aesthetically beautiful and technically perfect handicraft experience for me. In its quiet elegance it inspires me again and again.

Kind regards

Wolfgang (MP grey hammertone, 2,8/28; 1,4/50; 2/50)

Guest lykoudos

Hello Anthony

The discussions around black and white a combination between housings and objective tear not off and in the whole world embittered are probably led. That has something of paradox for me. Everyone finds it sends to black trousers also a white shirt to carry. It is required occasionally. With a camera probably different one is expected and it applies already nearly than style break. But why actually? I find, your combination have something special. Your black painted housing with that pleases me silver objective very well.

The exposure meter seems to likewise be me a exquisites working part.

Kind regards

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hey, you folks

i belive some of you are just a little bit crazy. mp has been made to make good photos - not to fall in love with it.

but, maybe, i'm just a little bit sorry for myself when reading about your thoughts, being just the owner of a m7.

AHD

Thanks Wolfgang... and I must say that Hammertone finish is amazing. The first time I saw one, I thought I have to have one someday. Years ago I made a little guitar efect pedal, and I housed it in an aluminum project box made by Hammond. I bought a can of Krylon Hammertone gray paint, and painted it. I love the old school look of that paint, and I think if I ever come across a hammertone Leica (MP in particular) for a resonable price, I will have to buy it.

Guest lykoudos

Hello Anthony

It pleases me that it pleases you. I was also in such a way. Hammertone is a color me always fell. I find Rustikale elegance. I wish you that you find one sometime.

Kind regards

Wolfgang (MP grey hammertone, 2,8/28; 1,4/50, 2/90)

Guest hammertone
Shintaro in Japan does excellent hammertone paint jobs on ANY Leica. So just choose your favorite model (it doesn't have to be mint, as it is going to be painted anyway :)) and ship it to him...

Will Leica still service these?

Anyway, it does not seem to be too difficult to get one of the originals. For this particular model, the price of the body alone was never much higher (if at all) than the price of a regular production MP body. And you get the nice engraving of the a la carte models (even nicer since "Solms" is also engraved, like "Wetzlar" used to be engraved in the old times. The a la carte models lack this).

I know, all this does not matter for the resulting pictures. But then, most people also choose the color of their car instead or randomly picking one. Nothing wrong with this. The Hammertone paint has two real advantages: you don't see finger prints and the camera body does not get cold in the winter. For me the best special edition Leica ever.

Will Leica still service these?

Why shouldn't they, Shintaro does not change them mechanically.

Anyway, it does not seem to be too difficult to get one of the originals.

Well, yes and no, since there never was a hammertone IIIg or M3 etc., which you DO get from Shintaro, if that is what you want.

Of course, the recent MP hammertone edition is certainly nice as well, although I myself am not a great fan of hammertone painted cameras, but that is purely personal preference.

Cheers, Andy

Hello,

The MP is an aesthetically beautiful and technically perfect handicraft experience for me. In its quiet elegance it inspires me again and again.

Kind regards

anymore pictures of the MP grey hammerstone? :)

I'm offered a mint grey hammerstone MP for a price only slightly more than a new regular production MP..... am wondering if I should take it!

anymore pictures of the MP grey hammerstone? :)

I'm offered a mint grey hammerstone MP for a price only slightly more than a new regular production MP..... am wondering if I should take it!

If you want one of 500 MP in hammertone, buy it.

If you want one of the most beautyfull MPs, buy it.

If don't want to see fingerprints, dust or small scraches on the body, buy it.

The MP hammertone is realy made to last for ever.

If I would't have my silver one, I would buy as soon as possible.

Unfortunately my local dealer has one in his window,

dammed that's so dangerous.

(very bad photo, sorry)

Good thing that tastes differ. I have a chrome MP as I prefer chrome to black and all my lenses are chrome.

I wouldn't mind a black MP either, but as choice I would go for chrome.

The hammertone MP, I think, is hideous looks like a small locker in some YMCA changing room, but then I can understand some people liking it.

For instance I like Ralph Gibson signature MP, with the maroon colored leather on a black body, others, most others find this appalling...

Nice looking M, John. I like the Noctilux and the 1/2 case (is it Luigi's?). I have a 1/2 case coming for Christmas present, or so a little bird told me. ;)

You might find this 1/2 case superior and it's local to you. Kameraleder: LEICA M6 Body Case Mine here. M7 with 28/f2.0 ASPH Soft leather, shaped strap, attached with tripod screw.