Why are brand new Leica lenses so much cheaper in Hong Kong?

Docderm

7 hours ago, mmradman said:

Maybe we shall all move to this Nirvana of your country... and forfeit things like universal free or state subsidised health cover, education, state pensions, etc. Perhaps discussion is for the Barnak Bar.

All those things that you love are NOT free or "state subsidized". It is paid for by higher taxes or high national debt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keith_W said:

All those things that you love are NOT free or "state subsidized". It is paid for by higher taxes or high national debt. 

I never assumed or said they were free.  Context was VAT [value added tax] or lack off that makes Leica equipment cheaper when purchased in Hong Kong.  Principle, at least in UK, we pay tax on income, also VAT and other duties on goods and services we buy or consume, government in return provides other general services as we need them some "free" at point of delivery and some subsidised.  I prefer to be healthy (who doesn't) but if I am admitted into hospital suddenly I will not be realised with invoice to pay. 

Higher national debt... we are now in Barnak Bar territory.

8 hours ago, mmradman said:

Maybe we shall all move to this Nirvana of your country... and forfeit things like universal free or state subsidised health cover, education, state pensions, etc. Perhaps discussion is for the Barnak Bar.

No country is Nirvana. I was merely responding to the comment but since you brought it up, yes we have free health care and education too but let's not go there. No country has bragging rights and we all have pros and cons where we live.😊

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, howiebrou said:

Good advice, but we all like to skirt it occasionally!

You mean you? Minority?

Any advise in the public forum is counted the responsibility. All legal tricks are welcome. Do not mislead others into against the law should be the basics. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Einst_Stein said:

You mean you? Minority?

Any advise in the public forum is counted the responsibility. All legal tricks are welcome. Do not mislead others into against the law should be the basics. 

Don’t worry about it. It was just some conversational banter. No one is advising anything! Perhaps we should move on...