Leica Shop Vienna set - Hammertone M-A with chrome 0.95 Noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Limited to 25 sets and at €30,000 limited to those with deep coffers that are full to overflowing.

Damn, that hammertone finish makes my liver quiver...

Breath deep, relax, it can't tempt you: no 0.85 viewfinder, which helps a lot with the Noctilux. And you would be distracted by the 75mm marks... Why not get a "à la carte" with these features instead? Eventually in the version where you have the choice to leave the battery out

Very nice.

But since they're already charging a pretty penny, why not go the whole hog?

-Lens in hammertone too. It just looks out of place in silver.

-Only 50mm framelines, no selector, with 0.85x (why not 1.0x!) magnification.

-Might as well tack on a Leicavit in hammertone while your at it.

Now we're talking!

Although every time I see the 0.95 Noctilux on a body I get reminded of how out of control big it is 

And is the lens an edition of 50? The one in the pics says 21/50, where the body is 21/25. Odd. Actually, just checked, it is.

Edited by michaelwj

And is the lens an edition of 50? The one in the pics says 21/50, where the body is 21/25. Odd. Actually, just checked, it is.

yes, what's that all about?

Personally, I've never understood the appeal of the hammertone finish and this does nothing to persuade me of the merits of it. At best, it reminds me of utilitarian tools my father might have used when he was an apprentice toolmaker in the 1950s; at worst, it looks like a camera made from offcuts from a drainpipe factory.

Breath deep, relax, it can't tempt you: no 0.85 viewfinder, which helps a lot with the Noctilux. And you would be distracted by the 75mm marks... Why not get a "à la carte" with these features instead? Eventually in the version where you have the choice to leave the battery out

There's no temptation here - spending €30,000 on anything other than life saving medical treatment is not an option in my world.  I'm content with my black M4-P and my olive Safari set.

I have wondered from time to time whether the hammertone finish would be available as an à la carte option.  I cannot see why it would not be, given the myriad of other options that the à la carte workshop offers.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmmm... I prefer cameras that are actually used to take images with. Nor can I say that Hammertone/Silver is to my taste

I would buy it - as an investment , and hide it from view in a safe for 20 years.

I was just about to phone up the Leica Shop with my credit card number, when I looked up at one of my shelves. Phew, just saved myself €30,000 

Wilson

How awfull a color combination of hammer with silver in your vitrine if you just want to collect. If this should be in the line of Leica esthetics 'form follows function', it is probably the worst gathering of Leica elements into one commercial unit ever offered.

There's no temptation here - spending €30,000 on anything other than life saving medical treatment is not an option in my world.  I'm content with my black M4-P and my olive Safari set.

I have wondered from time to time whether the hammertone finish would be available as an à la carte option.  I cannot see why it would not be, given the myriad of other options that the à la carte workshop offers.

Maybe the effort is to dry up an excess of noctiluxes rather than test the waters for a new ALC option. (I think hammertone is beautiful, until you mount a lens on it. No matter the color it then just sort of falls apart for me. Picky picky.)

s-a

I also don't like the knurling of the focus ring on the chrome version of the Noctilux. The interrupted serrations make it look like a much cheaper Voigtlander lens. 

Wilson

!!

Voigtlander owners love it for that reason !!

Hmmm... I prefer cameras that are actually used to take images with. Nor can I say that Hammertone/Silver is to my taste

I would buy it - as an investment , and hide it from view in a safe for 20 years.

Sounds like a very bad plan to me.

Actually, the most interesting part of this special edition is the MR-4 meter. That Leica have bothered to manufacture 25 new meters in a hammertone finish raises the possibility that they may have retooled recently to manufacture a new run of MR-4 meters in more regular chrome and black finishes. Not an accessory that I am likely to buy but I can see Leica selling a few of these at £500 or so a pop.

Actually, the most interesting part of this special edition is the MR-4 meter. That Leica have bothered to manufacture 25 new meters in a hammertone finish [...]

Did Leica make the MR meters? I thought they were outsourced.

Correction is most welcome,

@jaapv, I didn't realize that you are of Japanese heritage... 

Edited by Carlos Danger

Actually, the most interesting part of this special edition is the MR-4 meter. That Leica have bothered to manufacture 25 new meters in a hammertone finish raises the possibility that they may have retooled recently to manufacture a new run of MR-4 meters in more regular chrome and black finishes. Not an accessory that I am likely to buy but I can see Leica selling a few of these at £500 or so a pop.

They describe it as a  "reworked Leica Meter MR-4" . Rebuilt and reconditioned? (Gasp!....USED?)

Did Leica make the MR meters? I thought they were outsourced.

Correction is most welcome,

I would imagine they were outsourced (and most probably will be again if Leica do resurrect the meter) but I'm still intrigued to know if the 25 in this edition are part of a larger number of newly manufactured MR meters.

Maybe that's what the big announcement in January is all about? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk