Leica M-D 262 six months user report review (at overgaard.dk)

Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For me this is ideal, but I'm stopping short of arguing that the camera should stop working after 36 exposures until you remove the SD card and insert another. Or that the contents of the card should only be downloaded in total darkness.

Just don't start timing washes of your SD card in developer, rinsing and fixing solutions.

Why not a film storage, like in film Ms, to pull a pice of film out when police or any authority demand for pictures, keeping SD card in secret, a bit of humor. Or a fixer aroma cologne to use in your most romantic moments with your M-D. 

Now a serious question: do you know if Leica is planning to go on with M-D production? I have just received B&H catalog and Leica M-D is not in it, and Amazon.com is calling for last pieces. Although prices hasn't come down a cent.

• Like 1

I have no idea whether the M-D is going out of production, but if it is: I have mine and I'm delighted with it. The M-D typ 262 is currently listed and in stock at B&H Photo according to the website. I haven't looked at a B&H Photo printed catalog in years. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My MD is my 12 th Leica M and my favourite one. use M2, M6, M6j, M7, M8, M9, M240...some with multiple modele.

Favorite Film was M7.

I found myself using this MD as a film camera...

so disruption with preview...I stay with my subject.

I use a WIFI EYEFI SD PRO card and lightroom on ipad, I can develop my film on my bed ....better than a rondinax.

I hope LEICA will continue the familly with the M10D.

i could not imagine returning with a screen camera or working on a desktop software...exept for the hasselblad x1d.

Leica M is mobile, light, inobstrusive, simple, clear...MD is a jewel.

jepp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/francoiskarm/

• Like 2