Need some help, please read

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I have a Leica T I purchased online.  Bought it about a month ago, just got a few adapters to use some legacy manual focus primes.  I am noticing the Touch Screen look fine in menu mode, but when I try to take a pic, its very wavy as I am looking at and trying to focus on things I want to shoot.  I took a few pics and if I few the pics on the screen they also look as though they are wavy.  

The camera was supposed to be barely used and checked out.  It was purchased from a camera store.  

Am I doing something wrong?  I have a Sony A7 and use adaptive and native manual focus lenses with zero issues. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Jainbaby

It does it even when there is no memory card.  

It seems like swirls or something.  Looks purplish.  

I tried two different setups, a voigtlander m mount with M to T adapter and nikon with Nikon to T adapter.  Both have same issue.  But I don't think the touchscreen is the issue, seems fine when I am using the touchscreen for the menu.

Any other thoughts?  Is it just defective?  

I have seen the LCD display sort of flicker when the background light varies. This has no impact on the actual images. I brought mine into Leica NJ and they told me there's a sensor on the back that adjusts the screen's brightness.

Your situation may be different if final output is impacted. Maybe you should bring the camera back to have it looked at.

Good luck and enjoy your new T!