1. ropo54

ropo54

• Similar Content

• By LUF Admin
      Leica Camera hat eine neue Firmware für die Leica SL (Type 601) vorgestellt:
      Kompatibilität mit existierenden und zukünftigen Objektiven von L-Mount Allianz Partnern
      Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit Objektiven, die einen Schalter zur Fokusbegrenzung haben. Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit Objektiven, die einen Schalter zur Auswahl der optischen Bildstabilisierung haben. Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit Objektiven, die einen Blendenring haben. Verbesserung der Auslöseverzögerung in Gegenlichtsituationen. Die Firmware-Version von Leica L-Adaptern wird im Kamera Menü angezeigt. Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit aktuellen und zukünftigen L-Mount Objektiven von Leica sowie mit Objektiven unserer L-Mount Allianz-Partner. Video Performance
      Verbesserter L-Log, der die aktuellsten Entwicklungen im Bereich Video-Nachbearbeitung enthält. Dadurch sind SL und SL2 mit dem gleichen L-Log verwendbar. » Leica SL Firmware 3.7 Download Seite
    • By LUF Admin
      Leica Camera has released a new firmware update for the Leica SL (Type 601):
      Compatibility with existing and upcoming lenses from L-Mount Alliance partners
      Improvement on compatibility with lenses that are equipped with a focus limiter switch. Improvement on compatibility with lenses that are equipped with an O.I.S. mode switch. Improvement on compatibility with lenses that are equipped with an aperture ring. Improvement on shutter lag in bright situations. Adapters firmware version is now shown in camera menu. Further improvement on compatibility with existing and upcoming lenses from L-Mount Alliance partners. Video performance
      Improved L-Log, which contains the latest developments on video post-production. Thus, SL and SL2 can be used with the same L-Log. » Leica SL Firmware 3.7 Download Page
    • By KenBennett
      Just installed the new Q2 firmware. Writing to the SD card is significantly improved. The buffer hasn't improved, of course, so I still get only 9 fast DNG+JPEG photos before the camera stops shooting, but instead of ~20 sec to finish writing, now it's <10 seconds. The card is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 300 mb/sec 64 GB. 
      I had never saved my settings as a User Profile, so I lost them. (Hint, when the camera asks if you would like to save your user settings before doing the firmware upgrade, it's NOT going to tell you that you don't have any.  ) Now I get to spend the next 30 minutes trying to recreate my settings. Sigh. 

• By frame-it
      any weird bugs or issues ?

• By NRKstudio
      Hate to say the SL2 video capabilities are seriously flawed at 4K recording and C4K.  See the picture below.  The main issues I ran into during a full day of video use (With the 50 APO SL and 35/1.2 Art):
      1.  4K recording can only occur for 5 minutes or less on a full battery before error message “battery level too low for 4K recording”.  (Changed batteries and encountered same issue so it’s not the battery)
      2.  C4K recording restricts AF usage, limited to only manual focus with the Sigma 35/1.2. 
      3. All AF capabilities during recording are very slow to focus, unable to switch faces during face/body detection (in the rare case it captures a face), the AF box may at times capture 2-3 bodies and choose to “average” the focus distance.  
      4.  No compressed 4K recording at 50mbps or less.  
      5.  Video Focus peaking’s highlighted/colored areas do not match still focus peaking highlighted areas.  
      6.  No way to magnify the video during capture to check focus.  

Unfortunately the error message for battery doesn’t show up until 30 seconds after you hit record video.  So it ruined a nice Xmas morning moment with the family, when I set up the tripod, hit record, then joined the wife/baby.  5 minutes later, I check the camera and only 30 seconds or less were recorded and the moment gone.  Last year my A7r3 recorded 4K full width of sensor till the battery went to 0%.  AF easily moved from eye to eye of subjects, focus peaking was accurate and easily seen, and it held tons of video in a UHS-1 SD Card.  

For a camera that touts it video recording, my iPhone did better (actually much better), and then I had to grab my xpro3 for the rest of the day.  

how did Leica release a camera with such terrible firmware?? ASIDE from video, just off the top of my head, I recall: terrible accuracy and reliability issues with AF-c tracking, complete lack of eye-AF all together, blurry EVF view in magnified mode for AF-s and manual focus, no AF-s abilities at all while in magnified live view,  terrible reliability with tethering (can’t tether to an iPad with two SD cards in the camera due to a firmware bug),  nonlinear focusing in manual focus on the Summicron SL lenses.  That’s all I encountered, im sure there’s more to report.  I haven’t encountered a small percentage of such obvious firmware issues with the xpro3, a7r3, A7r4, Nikon z7, or gfx50r.  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!