Leica T Wedding/Event Photography

Well? How went?

Very interesting experience. Muslim woman from well-integrated family of Pakistani background in Norway, marrying a Swedish guy. Muslim ceremony with imam.

Young, modern couple, lots of funny pictures. But for the ceremony itself, she had to wear what she called her "mosquito net", until the marriage was confirmed.

But the veil could not hide neither her beauty and sensuality, nor her expectations...

(Picture taken with S007 and 30-90 zoom)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by erlingmm
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I just shot a wedding on Saturday with the Leica T, no flash, Leica 35 Summarit Asph, Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM, CV 21 f4 Color Scopar, CV 12 f5.6 II. 

Yes, manual focus. I have shot events with the M240 and rangefinder focusing is slightly faster but the edge with EVF's is the ability to use lenses wider than 28mm. 

However, the Leica T freezes occasionally once when it could not play back, and once the EVF in the Visoflex could not come on when I placed my eye. The worst issue is the black out and play back when a single shot has been taken. If it was a very crucial shoot, if I had a choice, I would not deploy the Leica T. 

ISO 1600 is very usable and the Canon 50 f1.4 saved with with the dim lights for march in a hotel.    

I just shot a wedding on Saturday with the Leica T, no flash, Leica 35 Summarit Asph, Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM, CV 21 f4 Color Scopar, CV 12 f5.6 II. 

Yes, manual focus. I have shot events with the M240 and rangefinder focusing is slightly faster but the edge with EVF's is the ability to use lenses wider than 28mm. 

However, the Leica T freezes occasionally once when it could not play back, and once the EVF in the Visoflex could not come on when I placed my eye. The worst issue is the black out and play back when a single shot has been taken. If it was a very crucial shoot, if I had a choice, I would not deploy the Leica T. 

ISO 1600 is very usable and the Canon 50 f1.4 saved with with the dim lights for march in a hotel.    

23595138568_017ee76237_k.jpg36737736984_17e00cb734_k.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently did a wedding with the TL2 (with 23mm and 35mm T Lenses). Here are my thoughts:

1. 23mm auto focus is fast enough for most situations. It hunts less than the 35mm in low light.

2. 35mm auto focus hunts constantly in low light and it is impossible to use for moving subjects in low light. Manual focusing is necessary here.

3. The 35mm manual focus ring has too much travel to focus quickly imo, but it allows for very precise focusing. 

4. It's better to use an adapter and the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 for its smaller focusing travel.

5. 23mm is impossible to manually focus fast. You have to spin it for a mile before anything happens. It is also unusable for wedding quality low light photos imo.

6. I compared the Leica 35mm 1.4 and Voigtlander 35mm 1.2. In real life situations, both have about the same amount of creaminess to their bokeh and light sucking abilities. A 1.2 is not a significant jump from the 1.4. Leica has more pleasantly round orbs. Voigtlander makes face look less compressed.

7. I used about 3 batteries for about 7 hour day.

8. I think the photo quality is impressive. Nobody is going to know if it is full frame vs crop sensor.

9. ISO is awesome on TL2. 6400 is really useable, so just set the camera to auto during low light times and don't worry anymore.

10. I did not use a flash, and it worked for me. (I think flash ruins the wedding moments and no matter how pleasant you can get it to look, it still looks unnatural because it is factually unnatural.)

11. Two people asked me if the TL2 was a phone or a camera...So if you are overly concerned about looking "professional", just get a big chunky dslr. 

12. TL2 menu system is awesome. Was able to customize functions I would need to quickly access particularly for the wedding. Auto-MF, AF Light Assist, ISO, Single vs Continuous etc.

13. 60mm lens would have been nice to have during a wedding. 24mp and 50mm is enough to crop in, but having a full 24mp will help keep the grain smaller in low light photos, since grain becomes more noticeable when you crop in.

Edited by rchrd
  • Like 5