Printing to A2 with SL files

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I am pleased with A2 prints from the SL and the M-P 240 and my Epson P800. I typically don't crop much to print to this size unless I'm sure the viewing distance and subject matter support the lower resolution.

i have the same printer so that's good news[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 300ppi you're getting a 20" print. At 240ppi you're getting a 25" print. A2 is somewhat between these two, printed without a border.

So yes, the SL makes A2 reasonably comfortably. With images of very high detail you probably won't crop as much. Lower detail shots could probably be printed much larger again.

I'm happy to print SL files on my Epson 7900 at 24". I've even gone bigger than that. There's no doubt that *if* I were to compare a print at that size to a miniMF shot I would see a small difference with nose to paper. However the prints are good enough that I've never wished I'd shot with a higher res camera.

As per normal, at those print sizes you'll see a lenses flaws more easily and you'll also notice less than perfect technique before the sensor becomes an issue.

Gordon

No problem with M240 (using P800 with ImagePrint), even with some cropping, and disciplined workflow.  (You owned one, and the SL files are as good or better.)

Of course one can print wall size too, if willing to stand back far enough to view.  Depends on the display intentions.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

I print almost borderless A2 on my 3880 with Printao and it shows in the 'green' for quality with some to spare, so modest cropping does not have a noticeable impact. 

Printao (when I can get it to find my printer) cuts out all the complexities and just puts the best image it can on the paper at the size you want ....... first time, which is what an intermittent user wants .....

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I print almost borderless A2 on my 3880 with Printao and it shows in the 'green' for quality with some to spare, so modest cropping does not have a noticeable impact. 

Printao (when I can get it to find my printer) cuts out all the complexities and just puts the best image it can on the paper at the size you want ....... first time, which is what an intermittent user wants .....

Pete

Can you make your own templates using Printao. I print a lot of prints for Portfolio style books that need different size borders?

Later

Neil