Leica m 262 image quality

Bobby

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I certainly hope that the IQ is not subpar. I just put in an order for one tonight. I'm looking forward to non-automation again.

No one says it is subpar. It is just that some top notch FF sensor can do a little better in higher ISO. In "normal" ISO range, M (sensor+M lens) is tough to beat.

If you are looking for non-automation then you will love it. :) Post pictures later.

No one says it is subpar. It is just that some top notch FF sensor can do a little better in higher ISO. In "normal" ISO range, M (sensor+M lens) is tough to beat.

If you are looking for non-automation then you will love it. :) Post pictures later.

jmahto, 

Confession: my post was a little tongue in cheek. If I had any qualms about the sensor I wouldn't have moved ahead to buy the MD. Frankly, I think Leica produces the best lens/sensor combination of any manufacturer. I believe there is much more to photography than high ISO and MPs. If the MD hadn't made the available, I'd probably would have picked up an M9. 

Edited by pcsmythe

As a Leica Q owner who also owns a Canon 6D, I can speak to FF sensors. They are ALL good, much better than most crop sensors. But the latest Canon APSc sensors are very good, approaching the 6D quality.

Glass is the differentiator. The M240 I tested with various new Leica lenses impressed me in every image, in every detail!

The Q and 6D both excel in low light. Didn't try the 240 at high ISOs.

I am a manual focus guy but do not like rangefinders. So I want a camera with great EVF and M lenses. The SL is too big and too expensive. I may buy a Canon M5 camera with Leica M adapter, then collect M lenses until someone builds a FF Leica M with EVF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SonomaBear

^ The SL would be replacement for your Canon 6D, being slightly smaller in size. SL is little bit heavier, but that's due to battery which trumps the 6D one.

But back to topic, which has now been pretty much beaten to death:

IQ is not a reason to skip the M262. Stipped to bare bones, it's a question of Rangefinder vs AF. If RF fits your style - buy it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did not like the colors of the M262 with the Adobe Standard profile, especially the reds. So I made one of my own. See here:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Elmar