So, here it is

mmx_2

So... this was just announced the other day, and I pulled the trigger  :huh:

https://www.onabags.com/store/messenger-bags/the-bowery.html?color=nylon

Nothing new about ONA Bowery, but the black nylon and gunmetal hardware looks good! Was initially meant to pick one up in leather but found it much too heavy compared to my Billy. 

Screw the bag. You really have no serious problems to deal with.

My M10 sensor has corrosion issues. I sent it to Wetzlar a year ago and I still haven't heard back.

All my lenses front and back focus at the same time.

On the M10Monochrom, all my lenses have serious purple fringing and LoCa issues.

Also, the AutoFocus seems defective right out of the box.

There's some random camera that has some random feature which is lacking on the M10. When will Leica ever catch up with technology!?!

• Like 2

Also, the AutoFocus seems defective right out of the box.

I think I can address this. Actually, I *have* to address this.

Auto focus with M10 is little tricky. The following steps are not in the M10 manual because Leica wants to sell it at premium by not mentioning auto focus (less is more).

Step 1: Look through the excellent VF and search for some sign. Any kind of sign. An eagle with snake, tree branches resembling Elvis, laughing cat... anything. These signs do not do anything to the camera but will help your mind to transition in auto focus mode.

Step 2 (optional): Take a sip of Lagavulin (18yr old) from your hip flask. This will also help you forget that M10 is marketed as manual RF camera.

Step 3:  Let your fingers *automatically* turn the focus ring. This is important step. If you are not automatically turning the focus ring then you are not using autofocus.

Step 4: Stop turning your focus ring whenever you feel like. Ignore the RF patch. Leica put that in M10 to jack up the price.

Step 5 (optional):  Press shutter to take a picture. Some people would like to take a picture after auto focusing. If your goal is only to do auto focus then there is no need to take a picture.

That's all. The above step do not guarantee that picture will be sharp. Even DSLRs with AF do not guarantee that. Show me where it says that I can sue Canikon's if AF do not produce sharp pictures. In fact the entire concept of sharp picture is a fabrication of fast paced modern world where we miss the process altogether.

Happiness is in the journey, and not in the destination. This is all M10 is about. Stop complaining.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Step 2 (optional): Take a sip of Lagavulin (18yr old) from your hip flask. This will also help you forget that M10 is marketed as manual RF camera.

I would keep this as optional indeed, it may affect the In Body Image Stabilisation on the long run.