Leica M 10

rijve044

If it is indeed thinner, I hope it's not at the expense of battery capacity.

The FCC filing lists a power source of 7.4 volts which is the same as the current M.  Of course, the capacity may be smaller, it is at least a good sign it might be the same battery.  That would be nice to start sharing batteries.

Rick

• Like 1

Not sure why people think this is fake.  Pretty much everything that shows up on Leica Rumors turns out to be true.  The only time something "fake" is posted there is when the admin posts it and mentions that he suspects it's fake.  But the admin's track record with leaks is very strong.  So for me, this is indeed the M10.  I was hoping for M6 thickness and a Leica T style non removable bottom with Leica T style battery.  I'm not looking for any sort of innovation, nor am I looking for more resolution.  What I'm looking for is:

• "Unlimited" buffer like a 7 year old Nikon D3s
  • Lighter weight
  • Better performance in low light
  • More consistent auto WB from shot to shot
  • Overall more snappy performance, i.e., instant on, instant review, 5fps, no more pushing buttons 2 or 3 times to get a response.
  • No more purple skin tones -particularly cheeks and hands
  • Like 3

If the pictures aren't fake then why do they show the absolute minimum of details? Anyone sneaking a look at a new M would photograph the back and top.

+1

and also, given the photo there is still button for live view magnification. That means that there is LCD for sure. 

With picture. :)

Picture shows a protruding lens mount. Maybe to make camera a little thinner.

If you turn your Leica M9/Leica M 240 around and take off the lens and look, it seems the same. 

I also thought they had moved the bayonet so as to make the body thinner. Logical way to do it, but it seems not.

• Like 2

Interesting, if true... I have the feeling that the RF small window is slightly different from the present one... which opens specualtions on the "electronic RF" (???)... the frame lever could have a role into... (???)

Should it be without LCD, with good EVF, and app for phone-viewing of images menus etc... I'd like it : the more I use my M240, the less I use LCD for viewing pictures : indeed, apart ISO setting, I think that there is not, in practice, a "quick" field operation for which I use the LCD monitor... and "static" operations could be done rather comfortable on phone.

M (typ240) should have been given a mission to open up brand new future for M cameras by offering new options such as EVF/Live View.

I thought that was why they were not named M10.

My guess is that if they are bringing back the name M10, it will actually be the true successor of M9 with minimal improvement on size/weight (plus SL generation image sensor).

Then they may later as well release more futuristic M (typ 3xx) with electric RF or whatever.

• Like 1

In this case it's not even a rumor, but from FCC filings...

Hey folks,

As I early posted, if you carefull read the ICC filling (click on the blue tap) it states clearly: Leica Medium Format Camera 3 times.

At the top of the page, under Application and at the bottom under Grants.

Add to it the announcement of CMOSIS 48 MP sensor in 4:3 ratio (LR 7 november) and the impossible to identify lens on the

camera I would ask:

Is this Leica's new Mirrorless Medium Format camera in M shape???? There is no reference for dimensions of the camera.

Just my puzzling.

Dre

The FCC is about wireless communication for may kinds of devices and not camera specific so their definition of medium-format has most likely nothing to do with the size of the sensor, why would they care, but is more likely a description and a categorization of the physical size of the camera. One can easily imagine they group cameras into categories like small-, medium- and large format.

• Like 1