Leica M 10

rijve044

That is a very nice looking camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Many improvements that I appreciate over my M240 (most of all, new EVF with moving frame)... and personally don't care to the lack of video : but I strongly doubt that I'll buy it : I can enjoy my M240, I hope, for at least 2 or 3 years more... and see where the M line goes...

Moreover, I'm curios to see if the prospected vario 28/75 comes true... in practical terms, I'd probably prefer to put my money on it than on a new body.

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 2

Steve Huff says it is not. He says there is part of SL and Q sensor but at the end he defines it as  " It has a new 24 MP sensor with more pop and contrast than the M240 "

Every camera Steve Huff has reviewed seems to have "more pop and contrast".

He's an enthusiastic fellow.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Phew, I was a bit worried about the "Drive" option in the menu. I couldn't be happier. I rarely use the continuous mode (although when I did want it I needed to select it quickly) and I've never needed the Self Timer. I'm also happy I can set the thumb wheel to exposure comp. I'm happy the iso wheel needs to be lifted to select. I love thing! I don't use video though, so perhaps I'm in a minority. I've only been using the M240 for 4 months despite owning it for about a year, and the M240 with a 50 combined with the Q means I'm going to need some mental gymnastics to justify getting an M10. Just give me time.... :D

Pete

• Like 1

I like to say hello to M10. The most wiser thing first strike to me is how Leica learn to name his product. 

Haaaaahhh -_-  at last, I can see what's the latest camera or the model by the M++++.

It's upgrade is usual ( what other cameras shine through, M10  it keeps more shiner. 

But guess already the other older cameras have a better DNA built to keep them healthier to be a loyal, reliable, robust and productive camera.

I like it how it looks more agronomic in a skilful and creative hand  :rolleyes: I look forward to having that in my hand soon these days.

Edited by Cyril Jayant

Just had a glance at Sean Reid's review but i stopped reading page 3 where he says that the M10's EVF does black out for a little over a second after each exposure even with auto-review off. Incredible....

Edited by lct
  • Like 3

I like to say hello to M10. The most wiser thing first strike to me is how Leica learn to name his product. 

Haaaaahhh -_-  at last, I can see what's the latest camera or the model by the M++++.

It's upgrade is usual ( what other cameras shine through, M10  it keeps more shine.

But guess already the other older cameras have a better DNA built to keep them healthier to be a loyal ,reliable, robust and productive camera.

I like it how it looks more agronomic in a skilful and creative hand  :rolleyes: I look forward to having that in y hand soon these days.

"agronomic"?? Are we talking potato yields here?

• Like 1

At the same time Leica made improvements they made the camera more menu driven, self-timer is now menu only rather than easily selected and deselected with the lever of the M9 and M240.  Despite the long lead time with quite correct rumors of 24mp I am disappointed that more megapixels aren't available for the 50mm Apo, the lens begs for more resolution, along with other M lenses too numerous to mention.  

Just had a glance at Sean Reid's review but i stopped reading page 3 where he says that the M10's EVF does black out for a little over a second after each exposure even with auto-review off. Incredible....

If that is correct it is seriously disappointing.

A significantly improved EVF was a pre-requisite in my opinion, along with an improved sensor, and I was hoping that Leica would surprise us in a good way, but they may have done the opposite. Let's hope Sean Reid is mistaken.m

PS. I've just seen that Jono says the black-out is about 1/3 of that on the M240, so Maybe Sean Reid is wrong.

Edited by Peter H
  • Like 2

A significantly improved EVF was a pre-requisite in my opinion, along with an improved sensor, and I was hoping that Leica would surprise us in a good way, but they may have done the opposite. Let's hope Sean Reid is mistaken.

Or a pre-production software problem. 

• Like 1

It is easier to see the edges wearing glasses.

and the eye-relief has been increased by 50%, which is great news for anyone who wears glasses.

Could some kind soul please explain the above to a simpleton?

TIA

• Like 2

A significantly improved EVF was a pre-requisite in my opinion, along with an improved sensor, and I was hoping that Leica would surprise us in a good way, but they may have done the opposite. Let's hope Sean Reid is mistaken.

Let’s get the bad news over to start with. This is not like shooting with an SL or a Q. There is still a blackout of a little less than a second.

The above is a quote from Jono's review which seems to confirm the blackout.