Leica M 10

rijve044

It looks like an improved camera and one that I'll aspire to own - I'll probably be the only person to say this but my only slight chagrin comes from the lack of a video mode, which I found very convenient once I'd got used to it, as it saved me taking an iPhone out of my pocket.  As the video mode also still allowed you to take still pictures, it was also possible to create a video record of a shoot from the photographer's point of view, which I've found quite interesting in that it allowed me to recall the detail and the atmosphere of the event in a way which would be hard to replicate elsewhere without a crew or separate video installation being present (given that you have a big enough card).

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Puts review seems to contradict the other one I posted:

http://www.imx.nl/photo/leica/camera/styled-56/

He says its the same exact sensor as the SL

Steve Huff says it is not. He says there is part of SL and Q sensor but at the end he defines it as  " It has a new 24 MP sensor with more pop and contrast than the M240 "

Edited by CYBORA

Good news, I read the details, and here is what Huff says in the article.

" Truth be told, the sensor reminds me of a crisper version of the SL sensor. Seems to have the same color signature of the SL. "

I can see the colors but not the same crispness. Maybe the sensor improvement for high ISO made some loss on crispness in small levels.  

The high ISO capabilities are really amazing !

Edited by CYBORA

I take a great many shots in a low light, street shooting context, so the improved viewfinder, accessible ISO wheel and improved high ISO performance seem quite exciting - shame about the video but you never know what might be done in the firmware....

• Like 1

Coming from M9, it is no brainier to upgrade. From M240.... very tempting. :)

I looked at the test shots on Huff's review. He did not mention whether they are processed or not (looked not), but ISO 6400 is completely usable to my eyes. Like ISO 1600 of M240. I am guessing almost 2 stops of cleaner ISO over M240. Seems like the jump from M9 to M240!! :D

I will eagerly wait for the experience with R lenses using new EVF.

Edited by jmahto
  • Like 1

125 sec long exposure similar to M9, not sure it reduces with increased iso.  

Intervalometer built in.  

Long Exposure Noise Reduction, no options.  

The menu on quick glance has features borrowed from  Leica T.

Everything else looks really nice. But then I read this. Seriously: What is with Leica unable to crack the mystery of BULB MODE in year 2017? I am really upset, I waited 3 years for a firmware update to bring a functional bulb mode for M 240. It never came.  Now the wait is over and we still have such limitations? Unbelievable. It will be same story for M10, I bet... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: