Leica M 10

rijve044

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'll reserve my final judgement on upgrading from the M240. It will primarily depend on how much of an improvement the sensor and its image output is over my M240. The other new features are mostly welcomed but are not enough to justify an upgrade.

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 2

Most of the upgrades here are for convenience, ISO dial etc. They won't make much difference to the image but they might to your experience.

The comment was about the result and skill of the photographer not the experience ps the public does not give a rat's posterior about the photographers experience

So it's got a thinner body (which seems to have been a major issue for some people even though they moaned about a few mm's then add thumb grips, thick leather cases!), the new sensor, upgraded EVF and probably LCD. No video button but maybe it's activated in the menu's ?

Looks like a nice incremental change in the M to me. Not sure why they've ditched the M type.... naming system though.

• Like 1

11:40 pm here . I go to sleep not disappointed but relieved I don't have M10 GAS. So I can save the money for something else later on, or put it towards a holiday and take more photos. That's if I can cope with my crappy old outdated M240, Monochrom v1 or M7.

Edited by MarkP

11:40 pm here . I go to sleep not disappointed but relieved I don't have M10 GAS. So I can save the money for something else later on, or put it towards a holiday and take more photos. That's if I can cope with my crappy old outdated M240, Monochrom v1 or M7.

Have a good night :) It's 02:00 PM here and i feel asleep yet... A (much) faster EVF could awake me perhaps but i don't hold my breath. 

• Like 1

I should add that I'm not at all trashing the M10 which looks fabulous. I'd upgrade from an M9 as I'm not into the CCD CMOS debate, I just don't think the upgrade from the M240 or it's iterations is justified unless the sensor is significantly better.

• Like 4