New Leica TL

Sorry to pour salt in wounds, but I told you the TL was only going to be a paint job - ignoring the slight memory upgrade. There is a pattern in what Leica has been doing for a few years now.

Leica probably could have done more, but as we already discussed elsewhere: if you spend your time goofing around with toys (Huawei, the Sofort, etc.) then you end up having not enough time and resources for the stuff that really matters.

Maybe, "About the essence" should also be reflected in their product strategy.

I know current owners might be disappointed, but I do think this accomplishes at least one thing:

It will cause all the camera review sites to do a new review of the T with faster autofocus and firmware much better developed than the pre-release state of the initial reviews. In some of the threads on this forum we discussed that the changes were large enough that it might be worth it. Now it'll happen.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry to pour salt in wounds, but I told you the TL was only going to be a paint job - ignoring the slight memory upgrade. There is a pattern in what Leica has been doing for a few years now.

Leica probably could have done more, but as we already discussed elsewhere: if you spend your time goofing around with toys (Huawei, the Sofort, etc.) then you end up having not enough time and resources for the stuff that really matters.

Maybe, "About the essence" should also be reflected in their product strategy.

Maybe Leica AG needs to make a serious shake-up at its headquarters!... Those who are making these decisions now are not serving "Leica"!... We need new and more "up-to-date" people to run this company!

Edited by Louis

It will cause all the camera review sites to do a new review of the T with faster autofocus and firmware much better developed than the pre-release state of the initial reviews. In some of the threads on this forum we discussed that the changes were large enough that it might be worth it. Now it'll happen.

hate to break the news, but most camera review sites have been ignoring Leica for years. Some don't even copy/paste the press release

I am happy with the T's existing sensor it produces results commensurate with my M9 and X-Vario and which I much prefer to the M240, however beyond that the T is a very idiosyncratic camera to use especially if working in a hurry or with action subjects so I for one would be more than happy if Leica left the sensor as is but instead kept updating the firmware to make this otherwise great little camera more user friendly and whilst at it incidentally also sack whoever wrote and illustrated the T's instruction book which just has to be the worst by any company in photographic history, and yes I say that even though I am old enough to remember the early Japanese camera's pidgin English days. Don 

• Like 3

If you read Enche Tjin's recent October interview with Dr Kauffman and Stefan Schulz it's clear that Leica Camera AG is very committed to TL development and its APS-C format 

http://www.infofotografi.com/blog/2016/10/wawancara-dengan-dr-andreas-kauffman-dan-stefan-schulz-leica/

Camera manufacturers and companies designing and offering new sensors do not make public their intentions; development can take many months.  The TL is a mild upgrade of the T; there will likely be a TL2 in the pipeline. 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 2

If you read Enche Tjin's recent October interview with Dr Kauffman and Stefan Schulz it's clear that Leica Camera AG is very committed to TL development and its APS-C format

http://www.infofotografi.com/blog/2016/10/wawancara-dengan-dr-andreas-kauffman-dan-stefan-schulz-leica/

Camera manufacturers and companies designing and offering new sensors do not make public their intentions; development can take many months. The TL is a mild upgrade of the T; there will likely be a TL2 in the pipeline.

dunk

My impression is that there will be a TLs

Much like the iPhone [emoji336]

Maybe they should've considered keeping the T16gb around at a cheaper price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk