New Leica TL

Is this the reason why the artice linked to say 32MP?

That's 32MB of internal memory, not 32MP...

I wouldn't be surprised if the camera is still 16mp, Leica does tend to wring the last bit of use out of the sensors it buys.

(note: the rumor actually says 32GB, but I think that's unlikely)

Edited by CVickery

3 years of R&D to add a color...Wow, simply wow...

Very few people are going to upgrade, hardly any new people will buy into the T...

What a massive disappointment!  Let's hope this is not true...

Edited by JorisV

(note: the rumor actually says 32GB, but I think that's unlikely)

Doubling the internal memory from 16 to 32 GB is more likely than reducing it to 1/500 of the original capacity, no?

If this information is true, Leica's plan here is similar to what it did with the X2, wherein they simply rebadged it as an X-E.  Also, with the Q recently, they simply announced a new color, though, one might argue that the Q is already more 'modern' and is just gangbusters as it is in terms of popularity and usage.

The good news is that the T line continues, as logic would have it based on the lenses released as well as the niche in the market it fills. And, we don't have the full story as yet, but if true I've got to believe a more performance oriented T has got to be in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

There are no specs officially published yet. Therefore, I still hope that the TL will have a faster processor. This is the key for further improvements to the TL system (e.g. faster AF).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I would be very surprised if they had discrete flash chips. More than likely the increase to 32 GB indicates that they went to the next level processor with the system on a chip that is the heart of the camera. Whether it was processor speed or sensor read out speed that limited things like burst rate, video modes, and autofocus speed, I doubt that anybody outside of Leica would be able to know. However, I think that you are on the right track and that those subtle factors are the key to further improvement to the TL system.

Semiconductor process improvement (e.g. Going from 40nm to 32nm) probably would allow them to get this bump in performance for free power wise. Thus, I would not be surprised if Leica were able to get approximately the same number of shots per battery charge in spite of using a faster processor and that in the overall battery budget the screen still dominates.

Now officially launched, and the upgrade is modest it seems. If the improved AF-C autofocus and better compatibility with other Leica lenses is due to a software update only, it should also be made available to T users. I hope so, at least.

I've been waiting on this announcement to purchase the new TL, but this is a major let down. Leica couldn't give this camera a real update, very disappointed?

http://leicarumors.com/2016/11/08/43087.aspx/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You better find a "T" that are now much cheaper than TL, since this is exactly the same camera and very good, too!.... Very disappointing, indeed!