Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Coppereye1960OK - I’m heavily into the M system with an M240, M Monochrom, M3 and the delightful Q. I also have a range of lenses including 3 50mms.
I do some macro and fashion work which I use Medium Format - a Pentax 645D.
The images from the Pentax are great but I call it the hedgehog as it has lots of buttons and dials and it takes me a good 30mins to work out the buttons. So I have decided to change for something which follows the Leica simplicity.
There seem to be a couple of options with the S system the 006 and 007. I prefer the CCD sensor ( ISO range isn’t a problem as I work with lights ). I like the idea of staying with Leica but I have seen a couple of posts which say the S both the 006 and 007 are unreliable and it has been suggested that the Hasselblad X1D -50C might be a better bet.
I’d be keen to hear members views on reliability of the S and if anyone has played with the X1D
By EnbeeHello - I have searched the forums and I couldn't find a specific answer to this question so asking. I am looking for a tripod that will support my slider dolly which is about 4.1 pounds (Proaim 17" Slider). My current tripod cannot support the SL plus 24-90 lens on the extreme ends (the slider sags). I am looking for recommendations for what tripod and ball-head to purchase. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. I would like to use the same tripod (if possible) for landscape photography. I am six feet so ideally the camera should be at my height.
Thank You for your help in advance!
By ZHNLWhat you want for next S? I start another topic now because market change quickly in last few years, competition from 35mm system and other medium format digital move very fast.
Here are the lists of mine:
Must have (For me or for market need):
1. Mirrorless is fine as long as it can make it cheaper, smaller and attract more customers, but it has to offer lag free shutter and at least as good as SL EVF with fast refresh rate. This is essential. I believe Leica will make it right given how much effort it give to S's OVF and SL's EVF.
2. If it is not a Mirrorless, I won't be disappointed. Please reduce the weight of the camera and maybe reduced size a little bit as well, I feel the grip is on the large side to feel truly comfortable to hold. I am sure it will make it more competitive by reduce size and weight.
3. Please offer full articulated LCD, it will save my knee for low angle shooting or even on tripod shooting. If not, at least a flip LCD. I think this is a important feature for modern digital camera.
4. IF it stay as a OVF SLR camera, please offer fully electric shutter, even read out is slow. It is very important to be able to hand hold at slower shutter speed without mirror slap. It will also help for tripod shooting.
5. make it at least 60M. No further comment on this, I personally don't need pixel, but considering it has to be competitive for next 5 years, it better offer more than 50M.
Nice to have:
1: more AF point, smaller AF point size if it is a OVF camera. For EVF, I am sure it will offer more.
2. Sensor have similar DR as other medium format digital as good as Sony chip, I wish they can simply use Sony sensor with 16 bits flow. maybe a wild dream.
3. If it is a EVF camera, maybe make it 4:3 format than 3:2 (I like this format more and we can simply use Sony chip. cheaper!) Another wild dream.
4. if it is an OVF camera, improve shutter and mirror impact. This is another very important not on paper spec.