TheHobbit

Firmware 1.6 incoming

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I visited the Leica boutique in Las Vegas this week.

They hadn't received the new Leica TL yet, so I didn't ask the 2.1 version number question I had in mind

They did mention the lawsuit/copyright issue...

It seems to be the story that Leica is feeding their stores but without giving any details or specifics to the stores...

In this case, I believe it would be fair that Leica automatically change (upgrade) our T cameras to TL for free!... I remember a few years back, Cartier was trying to take away the fake Tank watches from the market, offering the real Tank for the change!...  BTW, the fake was also in gold, but not sold and approved by Cartier!... This T and TL issue reminds me of that, although I believe the T owners have a stronger case than fake Cartier owners since T was sold by Leica!

Just speculating....the change over from T to TL, and the fact the line didn't die....yet, plus the prediction these may eventually become 24mp cameras....not full frame mind you. Seems more tied to the SL future and maybe the TL future versions will give more competition to the M. I can see it. The T is very under rated. If they hope for it to have a future, it must be a reasonable alternative to the M. Right now at lower resolution, is still very secondary. But I would love to see it evolve into being taken more seriously.

Am i missing something important if i do not install the latest firmware? I am quite content with the camera as it is at the moment and have no frustrations. I would like to keep it that way. Thanks for your thoughts!

Am i missing something important if i do not install the latest firmware? I am quite content with the camera as it is at the moment and have no frustrations. I would like to keep it that way. Thanks for your thoughts!

I think you'll find that the AF is faster. 

Rob

I wonder if we are going to have more updates going through 1.6 to 2.1 ?

That would only be fair for T owners!

Just downloaded T701 160.tuf on my MacBook with with attempt to unzip it but I don't know how!

My Finder is asking me to choose application....

Can somebody give me advice how to proceed?

Thanks

etor

Just downloaded T701 160.tuf on my MacBook with with attempt to unzip it but I don't know how!

My Finder is asking me to choose application....

Can somebody give me advice how to proceed?

Thanks

etor

This is not a zip file; this is the firmware, itself and you do not "unzip" it! You just transfer it to your SD card and install it as indicated. You follow  the instructions from the steps that come after the unzip!

Edited by Louis

Guest VVJ

I just upgraded my Leica SL to the latest version 2.2: all settings preserved, all favorites preserved and file numbering preserved.

Hopefully this also comes to the Leica T soon!