Firmware 1.6 incoming

Why should it be delivered once the camera is discontinued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I' m just delightened to see Leica keeps updating this camera with new firmware.

I would be very disappointed if they didn't.

It's still a marvelous camera with fantastic IQ especially with my M lenses.

Only "tech" photographers have always something to moan about specs and tech bullshit.

In fact they are not real photographers.

• Like 5

Perhaps support for the new 300MB/s Sandisk memory cards or other new memory cards...?

New lenses, I would be surprised, they usually get announced a year in advance and support is only added at the very end when they get released. 

Perhaps support for the new 300MB/s Sandisk memory cards or other new memory cards...?

New lenses, I would be surprised, they usually get announced a year in advance and support is only added at the very end when they get released.

Now that would be great!

Also a faster AF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll reserve judgement until we see the specs, but disappointed that it's the identical form factor to the original. I know many of us were really hoping for an integrated EVF. Staying cautiously optimistic...

• Like 3

I'll reserve judgement until we see the specs, but disappointed that it's the identical form factor to the original. I know many of us were really hoping for an integrated EVF. Staying cautiously optimistic...

Hopefully 24MP and better high ISO, otherwise I am not sure what would be the incentive to upgrade...

• Like 1

Hopefully 24MP and better high ISO, otherwise I am not sure what would be the incentive to upgrade...

No interest in more MP.

What I really would be glad to see is a faster processor, because it would:

- solve most of the lag issues reported in different circumstances

- probably either make some strange bugs disappear (those that are linked to interrupts processing and possibly lost interrupts)

- allow faster AF

- allow the implementation of focus peaking and thus make the EVF less required

Jean-Pierre

• Like 3

Trying to keep the resolution at 16MP for another 3 years till 2020 would be commercial suicide IMHO..

16 MP isn't enough for you? When did you last produce a wall mural?

My M9P with 18 mgpxl and my T with 16 mgpxl produce very large prints with pin point sharp details and lovely Leica like tone gradation. I had an Oly OM-D with a smaller sensor and 16 mgpxl and except for extreme cropping which should be avoided in any case, I never ran out of image quality. Nevertheless, I expect that Leica will put out new cameras with increased MP count because like the car industry, more horsepower ( or megapixels) is a sexy selling point even if the user (or driver) never needs it.

• Like 1