Leica T and new Summarin 28 f/5.6

Look mum: a 6 bit Summaron on a Leica Thttps://robertpoolephotography.com/2016/10/26/626/

Errr, no.... It's on an M9!

It's an APS-C anyway, so what's the difference anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The M9 is a full frame camera with a CCD sensor, producing around 18.5MP images. The T is a cropped frame camera with an APS-c sensor. So, you are only getting part of the image the full frame lens is capable of producing. So, say, a 28mm lens on the T is the equivalent of around a 40mm lens on a full frame camera like the M9.

The M9 is a full frame camera with a CCD sensor, producing around 18.5MP images. The T is a cropped frame camera with an APS-c sensor. So, you are only getting part of the image the full frame lens is capable of producing. So, say, a 28mm lens on the T is the equivalent of around a 40mm lens on a full frame camera like the M9.

My mistake.

Thought it was APS-C as M8

My mistake.

Thought it was APS-C as M8

I believe the M8 was cropped with APS-H sensor and only produced 10Mp images. T should do better at 16MP. So, if comparing images taken with an M9 or M240 with the Summaron, will be different on the T. You might lose the vigneting, which you might prefer. It will shoot closer to the feeling of a 50mm lens on an M (except for the m8). That will be very different experience than the Q if you are desiring wider angle. Just something to consider depending on your subject matter.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If looking for a "different photo style" the small T + that LOMO LC-A MINITAR lens 32 mm more or less 48 EQ could be an interesting idea...without EVF to keep it small...just saying...

robert

Thank you Robert.

I think I'm sold about this.

Looks fun, inexpensive and will definitely leave at home the EVF ;-)

Edited by cyrusthevirus

I believe the M8 was cropped with APS-H sensor and only produced 10Mp images. T should do better at 16MP. So, if comparing images taken with an M9 or M240 with the Summaron, will be different on the T. You might lose the vigneting, which you might prefer. It will shoot closer to the feeling of a 50mm lens on an M (except for the m8). That will be very different experience than the Q if you are desiring wider angle. Just something to consider depending on your subject matter.

I'm really curious to see the results of this combination.

So is there any M shooter here who usually carries the T as second body?

I'm really curious to see the results of this combination.

So is there any M shooter here who usually carries the T as second body?

I shoot with M246, a Q, and have two T cameras with one converted to Infrared. What are you wanting to see?

T+Summaron=thank you

I don't have the older version. And the new one is pre order. If I end up buying it for the 246, will give it a try on the T. However, if you want to see other M lens examples on the T, can do. 28 Summicron, 35 Summicron, ......

I would suggest making this request on the M lens forum. Maybe someone has the older version and a T or maybe other micro 4/3rds camera they can demonstrate.