Leica Summaron-28 -image thread

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Daniel C.1975 said:

... have to write it: JMF, this is a most lovely series of pictures! Thanks for sharing. 

And to be not totally of topic, with a bit of additional vignetting:

:

Thanks a lot Daniel ! Nice photo of yours here above ! 

Best, Jean-Marc.

• 2 weeks later...

bonjour , CL + summaron-m 28/5.6 :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

paris - la défense 

• Like 3

bilbao guggenheim : cl + summaron-m 28/5.6

Edited by ejk64
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Pau- boulevard des pyrénées  : cl + summaron 28/5.6 

• Like 4

dans le béarn : cl + summaron-m28/5.6

• Like 2

Reverse view of previous posted image. Have spent a lot of time shooting my Noctilux 1.0 recently and had a craving for this tiny sharp 28. It never disappoints. From the shade...

M10-P, Summaron-M 1:5.6/28

• Like 13

Taking you taking me..

M240

• Like 5

Reeds

M240

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

hello , leica cl + summaron-m 28/5.6

test in my living room in the light of day : iso 1600 / 1/125 s./ f5.6 .

• Like 2

This little jewel of a lens has been tempting me since its introduction and so far I have resisted - although all the images here have not helped!  Back in 2012 when I ordered my MP ALC I specified the 0.58 VF for just such a focal length (my 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH).  Before finally giving in to temptation the one aspect that is of slight concern is how does the lens handle, particularly focussing?  More restrictive than my Elmarit (I have largish hands)?

41 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

This little jewel of a lens has been tempting me since its introduction and so far I have resisted - although all the images here have not helped!  Back in 2012 when I ordered my MP ALC I specified the 0.58 VF for just such a focal length (my 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH).  Before finally giving in to temptation the one aspect that is of slight concern is how does the lens handle, particularly focussing?  More restrictive than my Elmarit (I have largish hands)?

focussing with this lens is something to be careful, not letting the digits in front of this very flat lens.

I had the "digital surprises" sometimes in my pictures, mainly vertical framing ☹️.

With time, I don't focus with the rangefinder anymore, most of the pictures relying on the dof (even full open), I set the distance ("2", "5", "10" or infinity) for the subject in front of me, that's all.

We can see this on the engravings on the dof scale of the Summaron-M = really large ( in red on mine ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

love the look of it, but don't particularly love handling it (I have largish hands).

I dont love the cap either, I keep dropping it - and keep putting my fingers in the frame

Worse than the Elmarit (which I had and sold) in my case but obviously lighter

I keep going hot and cold, but love the look, though, so I still have it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith (M) said:

I have big hands too and I like the handling apart from the unnecessary infinity stop, but you soon learn to deal with it.  It’s  just made for film, especially Portra 400, imo.

ETA: makes a great compact and lightweight  pair with the 50mm elmar-m for travel.  

Edited by Ouroboros
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it is also ideal with my summarit-m50 / 2.4 .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

I would say I have largish hands and have had no issues using the lens. As max apperture is 5.6 I usual have it set up for max dof and only tweak focus if necessary. I also dont use the hood as the minute front element is so deeply set. I leave the cap in the box and have a cheepo plastic front cap from 'Jack the Hat' for in the bag. 

I bet Leica didn't expect it to be so popular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

focussing with this lens is something to be careful, not letting the digits in front of this very flat lens.

I had the "digital surprises" sometimes in my pictures, mainly vertical framing ☹️.

As it will be used on my MP, I'll have to make sure I do not get any 'analogue surprises'!  

4 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

I have big hands too and I like the handling apart from the unnecessary infinity stop, but you soon learn to deal with it.  It’s  just made for film, especially Portra 400, imo.

My 35mm Summaron f2.8 & 5cm Summicron LTM both have infinity stops, so I'm well used to them.

Time to make a decision...

• Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to Leica Summaron-28 -image thread