Leica Summaron-28 -image thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a long time lurker of these forums. Figured I’d start posting in 2021! Was lucky enough to get my hands on a black 28mm summaron a couple years ago and it’s my favorite lens. On my m10m 90% of the time. The high iso ability has made it a great every day lens surprisingly 😀. Doesn’t hurt that the paint matches exactly the black chrome of the m10m.    Below is an image I took in SF on Christmas Day  2020       Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidde

Example photos, you ask?? He, he, Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Ya'll don't all go out and buy the lens it at once, now, you'll be bound to push up the prices Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! :) Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hall

It's kind of crazy how sharp this little lens is. A few "winterspring" impressions from a walk with the dogs. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!     Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Contrasting landscapes at Meathop Moss in Cumbria, one of the few remaining lowland raised peat bogs. Portra 400.

Edited by wattsy
On 8/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, wattsy said:

Foxgloves in a woodland edge near Hartsop, Cumbria. Also Portra 400.

Hello Wattsy,

I really love the colors of the pictures you take with the summaron + Portra 400. 
Could you tell me how you do for scanning ? 

Thank you,

Frederic. 

hello ,

august 2020 vezelay _ after morning mass , return to the sacristy...

leica m262 + summaron-m28/5.6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:28 PM, fredbonhomme said:

Hello Wattsy,

I really love the colors of the pictures you take with the summaron + Portra 400. 
Could you tell me how you do for scanning ? 

Thank you,

Frederic. 

Frederic, sorry for the slow reply. I mostly use the Fuji Frontier scans I receive from the lab. I get them supplied as TIFFs and open the files in Adobe Camera Raw to tweak as desired.

Here's a couple more with that film. Both from late June when I made my now annual visit to Hartsop Dodd to see the Mountain ringlet, the UK's only montane butterfly. 

Edited by wattsy
1 hour ago, pedaes said:

Were you lucky?

Yes though, in truth, the colony around the top of Hartsop Dodd is one of the most reliable in England so there's not a great deal of luck involved other than with the weather. I only go if the forecast is for plenty of sunshine. There was a risk this year that I'd left it a little late (the flight season is quite short and most butterfly species emerged earlier than usual) but it turned out fine. 

hello ,

august 2020 athenes _ the columns of the Hephaistos temple and in the distance the Acropolis and the Parthenon ...

leica m262 + summaron-m28/5.6