Leica Summaron-28 -image thread

helged

Windy afternoon, m10 full open

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Into the afternoon sun, M10, full open no hood

• Like 6

Experimenting what happens when going out of the limits...M10, lens full open, iso 200, 0.7 sec. (of course I know I could have increased the iso and shot at 1/60 or faster...).

During a visit with my wife at a Picasso's exhibition. So came the idea to try something...crazy!

Edited by robert blu
  • Like 5

A couple of casual landscapes from Arnside Knott in Cumbria. M 240.

28278551367_11b39b578d_b.jpg

42429213534_668c85a45c_b.jpg

Just a personal observation and you probably won’t like it, but comparison between your images with this lens on an M 240 against your previous MA and Portra images are chalk and cheese. Curious to know why you made the change.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just a personal observation and you probably won’t like it, but comparison between your images with this lens on an M 240 against your previous MA and Portra images are chalk and cheese. Curious to know why you made the change.

Why wouldn't I like your observation? If there wasn't a difference between the digital Leica and Portra I would have been wasting my time in recent years using the latter. I haven't "made the change" :D . In fact, I had my M-A (loaded with Portra 400) with me when I took these photos, I just happened to have the 28 on the M 240 at the time*. I acquired the M 240 earlier in the year for a specific purpose and, contrary to my expectations, I quite like it. Not just for the specific purpose I bought it for but for more causal uses too. It hasn't replaced anything, I just use it in addition to my film cameras when it takes my fancy. There has been quite a bit going on in my life this year (family death included) and photography – especially the film/digital "thing" – has not been so high on my agenda.

*There have been times (and this might have been one, I can't remember) when I have been too lazy to swap bodies, even when I know I'd rather take the photo using film. To that end, I have given serious thought to flogging one of my underused/unused 35mm lenses for another 28 Summaron.

• Like 5

*There have been times (and this might have been one, I can't remember) when I have been too lazy to swap bodies, even when I know I'd rather take the photo using film. To that end, I have given serious thought to flogging one of my underused/unused 35mm lenses for another 28 Summaron.

haha, I have been having the same thoughts :)  (but without the flogging)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a street photographer, but sometimes I have a camera when I'm on a street !

Took this photo when waiting for friends,  shot with the M10 and the Summaron stopped down, probably 11 (I very rarely use this lens stopped down because I love it at 5.6 !).

Edited by robert blu
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Berkeley Square, London - 8.18

LTM 28/5.6

• Like 15

It's a lovely photo, I'm curious what you think you would have gained having used film? 

It's a rational question that I cannot provide an entirely rational answer to but, in essence, I find the relationship between light and darker tones – and, perhaps crucially, the middle tones – to be more pleasing using film. Film also tends to construct the detail in a photograph differently to digital. The latter resolves detail a little too clearly for my taste (for certain photographic subjects) whilst the former tends to be more suggestive.

• Like 4

• jaapv changed the title to Leica Summaron-28 -image thread