Leica Summaron-28 -image thread

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...and here is the B&W version:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

LeicaPassion - I thought you might want to see the color version of the picture. 

Leica M10 | Summaron 28 | ISO 1600 | f/5.6 | 1/750 sec

@MIke Rawcs - thanks for the kind words. Very few comments on Instagram — is it worthwhile posting there?

@Wonzo - Yes, telephone pole is leaning like that.

On RFF Maggie O suggested that, for the B&W version, I should try a red filter in Silver Efex. Although this if off-topic, here it is:

Mitch, I've just started to use Instagram (miklrawcliffe and to watch a few people, particularly if the use it and also have a website that I view often. My first impressions are that I like it, I particularly like to see what people are doing on a daily basis. A photographers website tends to show their 'greatest hits' and you have usually seen them (if established) before in books, magazines etc. I'd much rather see work in progress, it reminds me that we all usually have to put in a lot of hard work and effort to get into situations that produce 'greatest hits'.

As for is it worthwhile? I think it is a good way to produce a visual diary and to share my photographs with my one follower (a mate in Canada) lol. Magnum photos and lensCulture have between them produce a guide to Instagram and, apparently, the way to gain an audience is to use hashtags. You can also use submittable hashtags to submit to groups. The guide says that magazine picture editors use Instagram to look for photographs from places in the news.

To return to topic, I've had my M10 for a couple of months now and i absolutely love it. I use the Leica thumb rest and just shoot as I used to when using film Leicas.

The lens correction profile does not automatically remove the vignetting, but applying the profile manually you can easily remove it. However, I find that the vignetting is part of the character of this lens that I haven't wanted to remove.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Agree, though there will be certain times I would want to easily remove the vignetting from the top corners of blue sky. So the lens correction profile doesn't touch vignetting at all? Just distortion? 

Many thanks again

M10 with Summaron f/5.6 28mm, ISO 1600

Quite a bit of distortion in the centre of the image :)

The slightly open doors do look odd, they aren't closed properly. The frame around the doors looks fine to me. The overall character of the lens is pleasing to my eye and I imaging that people buy it for the look of the photographs rather than having a clinical look (as I'm sure you are aware of).

The slightly open doors do look odd, they aren't closed properly. The frame around the doors looks fine to me. The overall character of the lens is pleasing to my eye and I imaging that people buy it for the look of the photographs rather than having a clinical look (as I'm sure you are aware of).

I think he was joking ;-)

Summaron 28 and Monochrom MM1.....a great combination.

• jaapv changed the title to Leica Summaron-28 -image thread