New T owner saying 'hi'

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings to the good T folk here, just wanted to say "hello" from Paris as a new owner of the 701 (had it six weeks now). The camera has the 11-23 mounted, and the Leica half case for protection. Working with the DNGs seems pretty smooth, I managed to lift some horrible files (my bad I suppose) by 4.5 stops, with respectable results. The lens is sharp across the focal range, color fidelity and tonality are good to excellent, 16MP plenty for my purposes at present. C'est la vie... :rolleyes: 

A bientot.
Thomas

• Like 1

Dear Thomas how great to see you joyning us in this site. This is a nice place with very decent people and I am sure everyone would enjoy you wonderful photos.

Stay warm, my friend. The weather is becoming less docil in Paris at this time of the year? ;)

Really nice work! You are obviously not new to photography. What else do or did you shoot with before the T? Just curious.

Thomas is a great photographer who has been all over the world. This gallery is only with T; but he has been using different Leica cameras. I wish he would also post us his gallery of San Francisco Parades; just breathtaking images!

Really nice work! You are obviously not new to photography. What else do or did you shoot with before the T? Just curious.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I bought the T shortly before leaving San Francisco, so it's only really been in service here in France (and Switzerland). I do know my way around the DNGs (somewhat at least, I have M gear back home), so it's fun to tinker with the files here in the "City of Light".   

• Like 1

Dear Thomas how great to see you joyning us in this site. This is a nice place with very decent people and I am sure everyone would enjoy you wonderful photos.

Stay warm, my friend. The weather is becoming less docil in Paris at this time of the year? ;)

Hi Louis, old friend, thanks for checking in! I've been subscribed to this site for years, just never posted much at all. The weather in Paris, well, the leaves change colors now, and it's getting a bit unpredictable, but yesterday (Sunday) was beautiful, so I went down to the Paris version of the Highline Park (the walkable part of La Petite Ceinture), then to Citroen Park, and passed under your (not mine!) favorite bridge (Alexandre III, right?). I encountered a smartly dressed lady who also took pictures with a silver T (plus viewfinder) along the river, it was a good day to be out and about.   

Thomas is a great photographer who has been all over the world. This gallery is only with T; but he has been using different Leica cameras. I wish he would also post us his gallery of San Francisco Parades; just breathtaking images!

You don't mean something like these here http://hahn.zenfolio.com/folsom_2014 with the M9/095? That's X-rated stuff, Louis!  :o

You don't mean something like these here http://hahn.zenfolio.com/folsom_2014 with the M9/095? That's X-rated stuff, Louis!  :o

I did mean something like that, and much more!.... ;)

BTW, I can understand if Alexandre III is not your favorite in Paris. If you had all the memories I have from that bridge, it would be!... :D

BTW, where do you go in Switzerland? I don't know if I told you before, I grew up in Geneva!... But if want to see real beautiful landscapes, you must go to the region between Switzerland and Italy!

Edited by Louis

Thomas I am 57 in the morning and have been doing photography for probably 30 odd years, mostly Film/B&W and E6, but if I could take images just 1% as good as you then I would be very proud, your images and portrayals have simply stunned me, thank-you.

• Like 1

I did mean something like that, and much more!.... ;)

BTW, I can understand if Alexandre III is not your favorite in Paris. If you had all the memories I have from that bridge, it would be!... :D

BTW, where do you go in Switzerland? I don't know if I told you before, I grew up in Geneva!... But if want to see real beautiful landscapes, you must go to the region between Switzerland and Italy!

Louis, I didn't know you were from Geneva. Well, I took the train down from Paris to Zurich, spent four days there, including one day hiking, very pleasant indeed, but not as alpine or spectacular as the area you are referring to I'm sure.  

So, Alexandre III, hmmm, I understand what you're saying... I am a fan of the old iron bridges over the Seine, myself (Austerlitz Viaduct for example, or Pont Mirabeau). 

Thomas I am 57 in the morning and have been doing photography for probably 30 odd years, mostly Film/B&W and E6, but if I could take images just 1% as good as you then I would be very proud, your images and portrayals have simply stunned me, thank-you.

Thank you, you are giving me too much credit. My ratio of keepers vs stuff I toss at the end of the day isn't all that impressive.