Great Challenge but sad end

lanetomlane

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Terrific, the challenges just get better every year and Lisbon was no exception. Eileen and I would like to thank Andy and everyone else involved in the organisation for putting on such a great show, and to say how much we enjoyed meeting old friends and making new ones.

However, the trip ended up a disaster for me as yesterday afternoon, Sunday, I had the car broken into and my Monochrom and M lenses stolen. I'll post the serial numbers when I get home later tonight but don't really expect to see them again.

Such a pity as the Night Time Challenge winning shot was on the Monochrom's SD card.

Cheers, Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tom, I hope you can get your equipment back, one way or another.

Dan, a few years back I checked with Leica in Germany if an item I was buying was declared stolen (I think it was the service department). 

So it may be worthwhile reporting the items as stolen there. 

Rgds

Christoph

• Like 1

Very sad news Tom! :(

it really serves to remind us never to let our equipment in the car, especially rent a car vehicles which have identifying logos usually in the back and are very frequently broken into. :(

In the meantime and if you wish to, please send me a list of the equipment and serial numbers and I will keep an eye on used forums in Portugal to see if I can spot anything, it's not a huge used market and if they try to sell it we might be able to find it. Did you by any chance file a complaint with the police, in case we locate an item and need help in recovering it? I am not sure how it works.....  

Yes I would also make sure the items are registered with Leica in your name and also to report them stolen in case anyone sends them to the mothership.

Best of luck

Luis 

• Like 1

Very sad news Tom! :(

it really serves to remind us never to let our equipment in the car, especially rent a car vehicles which have identifying logos usually in the back and are very frequently broken into. :(

In the meantime and if you wish to, please send me a list of the equipment and serial numbers and I will keep an eye on used forums in Portugal to see if I can spot anything, it's not a huge used market and if they try to sell it we might be able to find it. Did you by any chance file a complaint with the police, in case we locate an item and need help in recovering it? I am not sure how it works.....  

Yes I would also make sure the items are registered with Leica in your name and also to report them stolen in case anyone sends them to the mothership.

Best of luck

Luis 

Hi Luis

Many thanks for your kind thoughts and offer to look out for the equipment on the secondhand market; both of which are greatly appreciated.

The equipment was: -

Monochrom (Type 246) - S/N 4831833

75mm APO-Summicron - S/N 4044946

50mm Summilux - S/N 4187920

16-18-21 Tri-Elmar - S/N 4008111

90mm Elmarit - S/N 3711130

Many thanks & kind regards

Tom

Hi Luis

Many thanks for your kind thoughts and offer to look out for the equipment on the secondhand market; both of which are greatly appreciated.

The equipment was: -

Monochrom (Type 246) - S/N 4831833

75mm APO-Summicron - S/N 4044946

50mm Summilux - S/N 4187920

16-18-21 Tri-Elmar - S/N 4008111

90mm Elmarit - S/N 3711130

Many thanks & kind regards

Tom

Sorry Luis, I overlooked to answer your question about filing a complaint with the police. Yes, I did and if you ever needed it I could scan you a copy.

Many thanks again.

Cheers, Tom