Need instruction manual for Leica Tri-Elmar 28-35-50mm

Docderm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not sure where you are up too but I have the mk2 version of this lens and the instruction manual. If you still require a copy please pm me with an email and I will scan it and send you copy by email. It will be later next week as I am away for a few days.

BrianP

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where you are up too but I have the mk2 version of this lens and the instruction manual. If you still require a copy please pm me with an email and I will scan it and send you copy by email. It will be later next week as I am away for a few days.

Would you mind to put your scan in a drop box if you have the time?

Do you own one yourself? I don't personally hence my question.

Yes I do. The manual that is linked in post #2 is what comes with the lens from the factory. It's the same one you posted a picture of. The WATE also comes with that same type manual as well as the 50 Summilux, 35 Summilux, 28mm and 24mm I have. All these lenses have a manual that pretty much shows the same information. There is more information in the camera manuals as to how to use a lens than there is in the lens manuals. They pretty much show the charts and construction of the lens and that's it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought my Mate second hand w/o documents but all my new lenses had an instructions manual in the box if memory serves. Not the same as "technical data" we can download on the Leica site. I will upload a scan if i can find one around here.

Edited by lct

I bought my Mate second hand w/o documents but all my new lenses had an instructions manual in the box if memory serves. Not the same as "technical data" we can download on the Leica site. I will upload a scan if i can find one around here.

Look at any instruction manual that came in the box that you have and tell me what's in it.

The downloadable technical data from the Leica AG site is a shortened version of the user manual.

Does anyone really need a user manual for a lens?

Yes, there was one sentence in it that calmed me down when I received the first copy I owned. It stated that the, by design, focusing would be stiff if it was not used over time and it would loosen if you exersized it. I did as suggested and it did indeed loosen.

Unfortunately the v2 I swapped my v1 for did not come with a copy of the manual, just the warranty card.

Carl

Edited by cbretteville

• 3 years later...
On 10/15/2016 at 8:53 PM, BrianP said:

BrianP

BrianP (or anyone else with a MATE instruction manual): I recently purchased a MATE v2 but it did not come with the instruction manual and the frame selection lever sticks when going from 28 to 50 mm.  I read above that the manual includes lubrication instructions for this lever.  Could you please send me a scan or photo of your manual as you mentioned in your LUF post several years ago?  My email address is onasj@hotmail.com.  Many thanks for your help; I really appreciate your time and assistance.

2 hours ago, onasj said:

BrianP (or anyone else with a MATE instruction manual): I recently purchased a MATE v2 but it did not come with the instruction manual and the frame selection lever sticks when going from 28 to 50 mm.  I read above that the manual includes lubrication instructions for this lever.  Could you please send me a scan or photo of your manual as you mentioned in your LUF post several years ago?  My email address is onasj@hotmail.com.  Many thanks for your help; I really appreciate your time and assistance.

Hi 

I am away for a few days but when I get home I will make a copy of the manual and email it too you.I am not sure if there is any details reg lubrication. I do recall that changing to a different focal length should be carried out carefully as this lens is seriously complicated. Just use it with a little mechanical sympathy.Its a great lens.

12 minutes ago, BrianP said:

Hi 

I am away for a few days but when I get home I will make a copy of the manual and email it too you.I am not sure if there is any details reg lubrication. I do recall that changing to a different focal length should be carried out carefully as this lens is seriously complicated. Just use it with a little mechanical sympathy.Its a great lens.

Thank you, Brian!

On 3/6/2020 at 7:22 PM, BrianP said:

Hi 

Have been away a bit longer than I expected but should get home later this week. Even if it drags on a bit longer I will attend to it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 5:47 PM, BrianP said:

Have been away a bit longer than I expected but should get home later this week. Even if it drags on a bit longer I will attend to it.

Hi 

I am still away from home for the obvious reasons.As soon as pos I will post the MATE manual.