Leica Minilux Appreciation Thread

jonnyboy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I finally took the plunge and bought a Minilux, too. I was surprised about the weight, a total difference to the other P&S, I own and use (Ricoh GR1s, Rollei Prego micron, Lomo LC-A) Tomorrow I will bring my first test roll to the drug store for development. Until now everything seems to work flawlessly.

attachicon.gifBild-1-12.jpg

Congrats with your purchase, you won't regret it. The build quality of the Minilux and also the Minilux Zoom is fabulous. I still have these two gems. But later I got the CM Zoom and CM that are now from time to time in use. These two are in fact upgraded Miniluxes with better viewfinder, higher shutter speeds and some other things but the build quality is not as good when compared to the Miniluxes. The titanium of the CM-CM Zoom is not of the same quality and on the back there are some cheap plastic buttons, not much Leica like, but the handling is in my opinion better. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your Minilux! Looking forward to see some of your pictures.

Best

Thanks! Here are some samples from the second roll, shown before on the "I like film"-thread:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

All on Cinestill 800T

The Leica CM seems to be a decent machine, too, but a bit pricy...

• Like 1

Thanks! Here are some samples from the second roll, shown before on the "I like film"-thread:

All on Cinestill 800T

The Leica CM seems to be a decent machine, too, but a bit pricy...

Excellent pictures, like the colors and sharpness.

The CM indeed, depending on the condition, still is expensive certainly on a well known auction site.

Best

Edited by rjans
  • Like 1

Congrats with your purchase, you won't regret it. The build quality of the Minilux and also the Minilux Zoom is fabulous. I still have these two gems. But later I got the CM Zoom and CM that are now from time to time in use. These two are in fact upgraded Miniluxes with better viewfinder, higher shutter speeds and some other things but the build quality is not as good when compared to the Miniluxes. The titanium of the CM-CM Zoom is not of the same quality and on the back there are some cheap plastic buttons, not much Leica like, but the handling is in my opinion better. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your Minilux! Looking forward to see some of your pictures.

Best

I still own a Minilux for some years an don't use it very much because of its very poor viewfinder. But the picture quality is really great, and this little camera is a real can go everywhere!

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody. 

I have just had two Leica Minilux cameras repaired that had the problem E02.
The cameras were returned to me perfectly functional and very well packaged by Mr. Pedro Dolores . 
The price was 130€ shipping included. After receiving the camera took about 1 month and i have a 6 month warranty.

This person is very kind and respond quickly to the contact by mail.

He lives in Porto Portugal and you can contact him at this adress : leicareparacao@gmail.com 

Pierre-Yves Krywicki

It is good to hear about your positive experiences with Mr. Dolores. I wish I could second this, but have to say that I am wating since the end of August for my Ricoh GR 1S to return. After some weeks and  e-mails he wrote, that he can't repair my camera and asked for the return adress. Sent it to him (once more) at the beginning of November but still no messsage or delivery of my camera. But I remain hopeful to get it back, although I can't use the camera anymore.